5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Is a process of unlearning old norms, roles, values and learning new ones required by the new social environment.
- Refers to the interactions between genders that tends to strengthen and perpetuate gender boundaries
. Contest between sexes, boys chasing girls, "cooties."
- is socialization for a status that occurs before the person occupies that status. Let's people learn more about the status and role before they commit to it
- Socialization in which peers or more experienced members train newcomers as they carry out their roles.
- Here children learn to take the role of multiple others at the same time. Ex: several people playing a game
4 True/False Questions
Rights of passage → Here children learn to take the role of multiple others at the same time. Ex: several people playing a game
Social channeling → Is a process of socialization in which children of the rich are prepared for and directed to positions of privilege in society while children of the poor are prepared for and directed into low prestige positions
Preparatory stage → Here individuals learn to evaluate themselves and other socia objects from the point of view of a particular significant other
Significant other → Individuals of whom they are interacting with such as a mother or father