5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Individuals of whom they are interacting with such as a mother or father
- Is socialization occurring in settings specifically designed for socialization
- Socialization in which peers or more experienced members train newcomers as they carry out their roles.
- The first stage of a child's social development, where behavior is largely imitation of others with little use of symbols and limiting role-taking.
- Is a process of socialization in which children of the rich are prepared for and directed to positions of privilege in society while children of the poor are prepared for and directed into low prestige positions
4 True/False Questions
Adult stage → Here children learn to take the role of multiple others at the same time. Ex: several people playing a game
Degradation ceremony → Refers to the interactions between genders that tends to strengthen and perpetuate gender boundaries
. Contest between sexes, boys chasing girls, "cooties."
Generalized other → Assessing behavior in terms of the norms and values of the broad society and responding to abstract principles and symbols.
Game stage → Here individuals learn to evaluate themselves and other socia objects from the point of view of a particular significant other