5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- is socialization for a status that occurs before the person occupies that status. Let's people learn more about the status and role before they commit to it
- Assessing behavior in terms of the norms and values of the broad society and responding to abstract principles and symbols.
- Here children learn to take the role of multiple others at the same time. Ex: several people playing a game
- Refers to the interactions between genders that tends to strengthen and perpetuate gender boundaries
. Contest between sexes, boys chasing girls, "cooties."
- Is a process of socialization in which children of the rich are prepared for and directed to positions of privilege in society while children of the poor are prepared for and directed into low prestige positions
4 True/False questions
Informal socialization → Socialization in which peers or more experienced members train newcomers as they carry out their roles.
Play stage → Here individuals learn to evaluate themselves and other socia objects from the point of view of a particular significant other
Rights of passage → Ceremonies marking important transitions in life, such as the passage of being single to being married.
Adult stage → The final stage in which an individual is capable of taking the role of the generalized other.