5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who were 2 of the decade's most popular composers (they were brothers)? They did not write jazz, but their music was influenced by jazz.
- Within 3 years after the 1st movie with voices, millions of people were going to "_______", or movies with sound,each WEEK.
- Name 2 of jazz's earliest performers.
- Music writers are known as __________.
- Many peoplr went to Harlem clubs to see band leaders like _______________________.
- a George & Ira Gershwin
- b talkies
- c composers
- d Duke Ellington
- e Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton
5 Multiple choice questions
- playing in which musicians create different melodies as they play
- Billie Holiday, Ethel Waters
- 600,13 million
5 True/False questions
People used ot enjoy ballroom dances, now they danced the ______________. → radio
Where was Harlem? → a time of great interest and activity in the arts
New types of writing developed in the 1920's. ____________ _________ was an example of this. He became famous for his PLAIN but VIVID writing style. → sound
Jazz was also influenced by blues music sung by African Americans such as ____________ ___________. → Duke Ellington
Both radios & movies brought a common ____________ to the people of the U.S.. → culture