5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- By the end of the 1920's, more than _______ stations had joined KDKA on the air, and more than ____ __________ people in the U.S. owned RADIOS.
- People such as _________, David Sarnoff soon saw other uses for ______.
- Where was Harlem?
- During the 1920's O'Keeffe painted many ______ scenes of tall _________ & _________.
- a a music style influenced by the music of West Africa as well as by spirituals and blues
- b in northern Manhattan in New York City
- c 600,13 million
- d radio
- e city, buildings, crowds
5 Multiple choice questions
- society's problems
- Chicago, New Orleans
- go to sporting events, play sports
- Duke Ellington
5 True/False questions
Who were 2 of the decade's most popular composers (they were brothers)? They did not write jazz, but their music was influenced by jazz. → George & Ira Gershwin
Describe the Charleston. → in northern Manhattan in New York City
Many listened to the radio while slugger George Herman "______" _______ hit his 60th home run in 1927. → flappers
Two movies other than "The Jazz Singer" people enjoyed watching were ______________ and _______________. → "Wings" , "The Kid"
Until the 1920's, radios were used as __________ ____________. They enabled people to speak to one another over long distances. → flappers