5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ________ __________ was a painter who drew inspiration for her artwork from the different places where she lived.
- People flocked to theaters to see plays. Musical comedies such as those written by George M. __________ were very popular.
- Langston __________ was another popular Harlem writer who often wrote about what it was like to be African American in the Unitede States.
- Three artists who often painted realistic pictures of everyday scenes & of exciting events of the time were______________________, ______________________________, & ________________________________.
- What makes jazz unique?
- a Georgia O'Keeffe, Edward Hopper, & Charles Burchfield
- b Georgia O'Keeffe
- c improvised playing
- d Cohan
- e Hughes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- city, buildings, crowds
- Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton
- tennis & golf
5 True/False Questions
Listening to sports on the radio helped encourage people to ________________________________________, and to ________ ____________ themselves. → Countee Cullen, Claude McKay, Zora Neale Hurston
Many people say the very 1st broadcast by a radio station was done on November 2,1920 from the top of an office building in ___________,____________. → results, presidential
renaissance → a time of great interest and activity in the arts
The election that was said to be broadcast on the radio was when Warren G. _________ won against James M. _______. → Harding, Cox
Jazz began in the __________ & the ____________ in the early 1900s & can now be heard around the world. → South, Midwest