5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Many heard histoy making events such as the moment Gene _________ won a 10 round boxing match against Jack ___________.
- Langston __________ was another popular Harlem writer who often wrote about what it was like to be African American in the Unitede States.
- Name 2 sports that gained popularity in the 1920's.
- What was jazz influenced by?
- So many artists lived & worked in Harlem during the 1920's that this period has another nickname. What was it?
- a Hughes
- b Tunney,Dempsey
- c tennis & golf
- d the Harlem Renaissance
- e the traditional music of West Africa as well as by ragtime, spirituals, and blues music
5 Multiple choice questions
- results, presidential
- radio operator
- music, shows
- animal bones, flowers, deserts
5 True/False questions
After spending time in ______ __________, O'Keeffe began painting scenes that reflected the landscape of the _______-___________ United States. → New Orleans,funeral
What makes jazz unique? → improvised playing
Attendance at football ames, basketball games, & other competitions went _________ during the 1920's. → Charleston
Three artists who often painted realistic pictures of everyday scenes & of exciting events of the time were______________________, ______________________________, & ________________________________. → Jazz
With radios, people could listen to _______ & ______. Radios also brought ___________ events from around the country into people's homes. → music, news, sporting