5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What was the music of the 1920's?
- Renaissance is French for " ________".
- _____________ wrote the words & music for 20 musicals and starred in them as well.
- Movies with sound were called _________.
- Attendance at football ames, basketball games, & other competitions went _________ during the 1920's.
- a rebirth
- b up
- c jazz
- d Cohan
- e "talkies"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- playing in which musicians create different melodies as they play
- Duke Ellington
- radio operator
- music, shows
5 True/False Questions
It was DURING the 1920's that movies got _________. → sound
Three artists who often painted realistic pictures of everyday scenes & of exciting events of the time were______________________, ______________________________, & ________________________________. → Jazz
Some people think jazz began in ___________________ with the music that African Americans played during __________ marches. → culture
renaissance → a music style influenced by the music of West Africa as well as by spirituals and blues
Other writers, such as F. Scott Fitzgerald and Sinclair Lewis wrote about _____________ ______________. → Bessie Smith