5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What was jazz influenced by?
- Some believe jazz started in clubs on the south side of ______________. Others think it began in _________________________ with music that African Americans played during funeral marches.
- Renaissance is French for " ________".
- Until the 1920's, radios were used as __________ ____________. They enabled people to speak to one another over long distances.
- _________ & the _______ made the arts available to more of the nation's people than ever before.
- a wireless telephones
- b rebirth
- c Radio,movies
- d the traditional music of West Africa as well as by ragtime, spirituals, and blues music
- e Chicago, New Orleans
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "Wings" , "The Kid"
- rock and roll
- tennis & golf
5 True/False Questions
Langston __________ was another popular Harlem writer who often wrote about what it was like to be African American in the Unitede States. → Georgia O'Keeffe
Jazz was also influenced by blues music sung by African Americans such as ____________ ___________. → Duke Ellington
jazz → a time of great interest and activity in the arts
Many people went to Harlem clubs to see dancers like ________________________ . → Billie Holiday, Ethel Waters
What makes jazz unique? → improvised playing