5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Some believe jazz started in clubs on the south side of ______________. Others think it began in _________________________ with music that African Americans played during funeral marches.
- During the Roaring Twenties nearly every part of life in the U.S. changed, including the ______.
- Many people went to Harlem clubs to see dancers like ________________________ .
- Where was Harlem?
- Jazz was also influenced by blues music sung by African Americans such as ____________ ___________.
- a in northern Manhattan in New York City
- b Bill "Bojangles" Robinson
- c arts
- d Bessie Smith
- e Chicago, New Orleans
5 Multiple choice questions
- go to sporting events, play sports
- Duke Ellington
- city, buildings, crowds
- Georgia O'Keeffe, Edward Hopper, & Charles Burchfield
5 True/False questions
Two movies other than "The Jazz Singer" people enjoyed watching were ______________ and _______________. → dances
Movies with sound were called _________. → a dance that had fast movements and high kicks
Stylish women from the times were known as "______________". → flappers
Like radio, the movies began before the 1920's, but early movies were __________. → silent
Jazz was well liked by both black & ________ Americans. → composers