5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Within 3 years after the 1st movie with voices, millions of people were going to "_______", or movies with sound,each WEEK.
- Renaissance is French for " ________".
- Like radio, the movies began before the 1920's, but early movies were __________.
- Three artists who often painted realistic pictures of everyday scenes & of exciting events of the time were______________________, ______________________________, & ________________________________.
- a Georgia O'Keeffe, Edward Hopper, & Charles Burchfield
- b silent
- c talkies
- d a music style influenced by the music of West Africa as well as by spirituals and blues
- e rebirth
5 Multiple choice questions
- George & Ira Gershwin
- a time of great interest and activity in the arts
- in northern Manhattan in New York City
- John Coltrane
5 True/False questions
Stylish women from the times were known as "______________". → flappers
Name 2 of jazz's earliest performers. → Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton
During the 1920's what was the name of the neighborhood that became a center for African American writers,musicians, & artists? → Harlem
What was jazz influenced by? → improvised playing
Many peoplr went to Harlem clubs to see band leaders like _______________________. → Duke Ellington