5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who were 2 of the decade's most popular composers (they were brothers)? They did not write jazz, but their music was influenced by jazz.
- Describe the Charleston.
- New types of writing developed in the 1920's. ____________ _________ was an example of this. He became famous for his PLAIN but VIVID writing style.
- People used ot enjoy ballroom dances, now they danced the ______________.
- Jazz was so popular that the 1920's are sometimes referred to as the ________ ________.
- a a dance that had fast movements and high kicks
- b Ernest Hemingway
- c George & Ira Gershwin
- d Jazz Age
- e Charleston
5 Multiple choice questions
- radio operator
- Georgia O'Keeffe, Edward Hopper, & Charles Burchfield
- New Mexico, south-western
5 True/False questions
Aaron Copland, a composer known for his __________ style, used jazz in his "Music for the Theater" & "Piano Concerto". → modern
Both radios & movies brought a common ____________ to the people of the U.S.. → culture
Within 3 years after the 1st movie with voices, millions of people were going to "_______", or movies with sound,each WEEK. → "The Jazz Singer"
Some people think jazz began in ___________________ with the music that African Americans played during __________ marches. → New Orleans,funeral
Some believe jazz started in clubs on the south side of ______________. Others think it began in _________________________ with music that African Americans played during funeral marches. → Bill "Bojangles" Robinson