5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Like radio, the movies began before the 1920's, but early movies were __________.
- What was the music of the 1920's?
- Describe the Charleston.
- In addition to listening to new music, people tried new _________.
- People used ot enjoy ballroom dances, now they danced the ______________.
- a a dance that had fast movements and high kicks
- b silent
- c Charleston
- d dances
- e jazz
5 Multiple choice questions
- Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton
- George & Ira Gershwin
- New Mexico, south-western
- to broadcast music to the radios in people's homes
5 True/False questions
For the 1st time people from Main to California could hear the same ________ and the same ________ on the radio. → city, buildings, crowds
Many people read the works of writers such as ______________________, _________________, &_______________________. → animal bones, flowers, deserts
Some people think jazz began in ___________________ with the music that African Americans played during __________ marches. → New Orleans,funeral
Many people went to Harlem clubs to see dancers like ________________________ . → Duke Ellington
What is improvised playing? → the traditional music of West Africa as well as by ragtime, spirituals, and blues music