5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Many people went to Harlem clubs to see dancers like ________________________ .
- Jazz began in the __________ & the ____________ in the early 1900s & can now be heard around the world.
- What was jazz influenced by?
- It was DURING the 1920's that movies got _________.
- During the 1920's O'Keeffe painted many ______ scenes of tall _________ & _________.
- a the traditional music of West Africa as well as by ragtime, spirituals, and blues music
- b Bill "Bojangles" Robinson
- c South, Midwest
- d sound
- e city, buildings, crowds
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Duke Ellington
- 600,13 million
- John Coltrane
- rock and roll
5 True/False Questions
What is improvised playing? → in northern Manhattan in New York City
New types of writing developed in the 1920's. ____________ _________ was an example of this. He became famous for his PLAIN but VIVID writing style. → Bill "Bojangles" Robinson
Jazz was well liked by both black & ________ Americans. → "talkies"
After spending time in ______ __________, O'Keeffe began painting scenes that reflected the landscape of the _______-___________ United States. → New Mexico, south-western
Listening to sports on the radio helped encourage people to ________________________________________, and to ________ ____________ themselves. → go to sporting events, play sports