5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the 1st movie with voices (1927)?
- Where was Harlem?
- With radios, people could listen to _______ & ______. Radios also brought ___________ events from around the country into people's homes.
- After spending time in ______ __________, O'Keeffe began painting scenes that reflected the landscape of the _______-___________ United States.
- Other writers, such as F. Scott Fitzgerald and Sinclair Lewis wrote about _____________ ______________.
- a society's problems
- b New Mexico, south-western
- c music, news, sporting
- d in northern Manhattan in New York City
- e "The Jazz Singer"
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
Movies with sound were called _________. → a dance that had fast movements and high kicks
Who were 2 of the decade's most popular composers (they were brothers)? They did not write jazz, but their music was influenced by jazz. → George & Ira Gershwin
Listening to sports on the radio helped encourage people to ________________________________________, and to ________ ____________ themselves. → go to sporting events, play sports
Three artists who often painted realistic pictures of everyday scenes & of exciting events of the time were______________________, ______________________________, & ________________________________. → Jazz
New types of writing developed in the 1920's. ____________ _________ was an example of this. He became famous for his PLAIN but VIVID writing style. → Ernest Hemingway