5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Attendance at football ames, basketball games, & other competitions went _________ during the 1920's.
- What makes jazz unique?
- Both radios & movies brought a common ____________ to the people of the U.S..
- With radios, people could listen to _______ & ______. Radios also brought ___________ events from around the country into people's homes.
- By the end of the 1920's, more than _______ stations had joined KDKA on the air, and more than ____ __________ people in the U.S. owned RADIOS.
- a 600,13 million
- b improvised playing
- c up
- d culture
- e music, news, sporting
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Duke Ellington
- "Babe" Ruth
- New Mexico, south-western
- music, shows
5 True/False Questions
The election that was said to be broadcast on the radio was when Warren G. _________ won against James M. _______. → Charleston
What was the music of the 1920's? → jazz
It was DURING the 1920's that movies got _________. → Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton
Langston __________ was another popular Harlem writer who often wrote about what it was like to be African American in the Unitede States. → Hughes
Many heard histoy making events such as the moment Gene _________ won a 10 round boxing match against Jack ___________. → Bill "Bojangles" Robinson