5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- With radios, people could listen to _______ & ______. Radios also brought ___________ events from around the country into people's homes.
- So many artists lived & worked in Harlem during the 1920's that this period has another nickname. What was it?
- Until the 1920's, radios were used as __________ ____________. They enabled people to speak to one another over long distances.
- After spending time in ______ __________, O'Keeffe began painting scenes that reflected the landscape of the _______-___________ United States.
- Jazz was so popular that the 1920's are sometimes referred to as the ________ ________.
- a the Harlem Renaissance
- b New Mexico, south-western
- c music, news, sporting
- d Jazz Age
- e wireless telephones
5 Multiple choice questions
- Georgia O'Keeffe, Edward Hopper, & Charles Burchfield
- John Coltrane
- United States
5 True/False questions
Who were 2 of the decade's most popular composers (they were brothers)? They did not write jazz, but their music was influenced by jazz. → George & Ira Gershwin
Some people think jazz began in ___________________ with the music that African Americans played during __________ marches. → culture
Two movies other than "The Jazz Singer" people enjoyed watching were ______________ and _______________. → "Wings" , "The Kid"
Many say the 1st broadcast by a radio station in Pennsylvania was by 2 announcers for the radio station KDKA. The broadcast was about the _______ of the _______ election. → Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Renaissance is French for " ________". → rebirth