5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Three artists who often painted realistic pictures of everyday scenes & of exciting events of the time were______________________, ______________________________, & ________________________________.
- Jazz began in the __________ & the ____________ in the early 1900s & can now be heard around the world.
- The election that was said to be broadcast on the radio was when Warren G. _________ won against James M. _______.
- It was DURING the 1920's that movies got _________.
- Aaron Copland, a composer known for his __________ style, used jazz in his "Music for the Theater" & "Piano Concerto".
- a Georgia O'Keeffe, Edward Hopper, & Charles Burchfield
- b Harding, Cox
- c sound
- d modern
- e South, Midwest
5 Multiple choice questions
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- a music style influenced by the music of West Africa as well as by spirituals and blues
- Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton
5 True/False questions
___________ Gershwin became famous for pieces like "Someone to Watch Over Me" and "Rhapsody in Blue". → George
Jazz was well liked by both black & ________ Americans. → white
During the 1920's O'Keeffe painted many ______ scenes of tall _________ & _________. → sound
Today jazz continues to surprise its listeners. As saxophone player ________ ___________ said, "There are always new sounds to imagine; newfeelings to get at.". → John Coltrane
_____________ wrote the words & music for 20 musicals and starred in them as well. → Cohan