5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was one of the most famous gangsters/gang members?
- Who was an architect who designed many of his buildings to blend the outdoors with the indoors?
- Who were 2 of the decades most popular composers (music writers)?
- Who were 2 of jazz's earliest performers?
- Who said "I've come from America" when they landed?
- a Amelia Earhart
- b George & Ira Gershwin
- c Al Capone
- d Frank Lloyd Wright
- e Louis Armstrong & Jelly Roll Morton
5 Multiple choice questions
- Aaron Copland
- Georgia O'Keefe
- Frank Lloyd Wright
- John Coltrane
- F. Scott Fitzgerald & Sinclair Lewis
5 True/False questions
Who successfully flew from Newfoundland, in Canada, to Ireland? → Amelia Earhart
Who were the brothers who wrote many songs together (even though they didn't write jazz, their music was influenced by jazz)? → George & Ira Gershwin
Who flew from New York to Paris alone & without stopping? → Charles Lindbergh
Who predicted that "in a few years the United States will be covered with a network of passenger, mail, & express lines."? → George M. Cohan
Who was a band leader in the Harlem clubs? → Duke Ellington