← History 6.3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Death Valley
- huge dunes of dazzling white sands
- Mt. Whitney
- Hells Canyon
- a This is located in California and is known to be the hottest and driest part of North America.
- b These sand in the Chihuahuan Deset are made almost entirely of ________, the mineral from which plaster of Paris is made?
- c The deepest canyon in the United States?
- d The Chihuahuan Desert is especailly known for?
- e This is the highest point int he United States outside Alaska?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This desert is in western Mexico, southern California, and Arizona.
- This desert is located in the South of the Great Basin Desert?
- This is the largest cactus in the world?
- This desrt lies partly in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, but mostly in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
- The ____________ ____________ lies between the Rocky Mountains to the east and the Pacific mountain chains to the west.
5 True/False Questions
North American Desert → This ia a vast, arid region that spreads into eleven states and parts of Mexico?
gorge → These sand in the Chihuahuan Deset are made almost entirely of ________, the mineral from which plaster of Paris is made?
Colorado River → The first white men to see this canyon were Spaniards exploring with ___________ and his expedition in 1540.
Great Salt Lake Desert → This is noted for its extremely level salt beds that are as hard as cement?
Big Room → The Carlsbad Caverns covers area of about 70 square miles and houses the largest underground chamber in North America which is called the?