5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- saguaro cactus
- 134 degrees F
- Southeastern Washington, most of eastern Oregon, and part of Idaho.
- a The highest temperature recorded int he US occurred in Death Valley in July 1913? What was the temperature?
- b This is the most characteristic plant in the Great Basin Desert. It is a bushy plant with a sweet smell and a bitter taste.
- c This is the largest cactus in the world?
- d Which areas are covered by the Columbia Plateau?
- e What are flat topped hills called?
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Great Basin __________ _________ lives longer than any other tree in the world.
- Near the bottom of the Grand Canyon these Indians lived?
- The largest desert area in the United States is?
- This desert is in western Mexico, southern California, and Arizona.
- This is the largest saltwater lake in North America and the largest natural lake west of the Mississippi River?
5 True/False questions
Painted Desert → Stretching for 200 miles along the Little Colorado River in the northeastern Arizona is this magnificent Desert?
Columbia Plateau → The largest lava plateau in the world is?
huge dunes of dazzling white sands → The largest desert area in the United States is?
gypsum → The Grand Canyon is a _______cut almost straight down through the plateau.
About one fourth → How much of the Sonaran Desert is below sea level?