5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Death Valley
- Carlsbad Caverns
- Petrified Forest National Park
- About one fourth
- a What forest lies in the Painted Desert?
- b How much of the Sonaran Desert is below sea level?
- c This is located in California and is known to be the hottest and driest part of North America.
- d This is Mexico's largest state?
- e The world's most spectacular limestone caverns and they lie in part of the Chihuahuan Desert?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The ____________ ____________ lies between the Rocky Mountains to the east and the Pacific mountain chains to the west.
- This is the largest cactus in the world?
- This is noted for its extremely level salt beds that are as hard as cement?
- This is the most characteristic plant in the Great Basin Desert. It is a bushy plant with a sweet smell and a bitter taste.
- These sand in the Chihuahuan Deset are made almost entirely of ________, the mineral from which plaster of Paris is made?
5 True/False Questions
Big Room → The Grand Canyon is a _______cut almost straight down through the plateau.
Great Salt Lake → This is noted for its extremely level salt beds that are as hard as cement?
Chihuahuan Desert → This is Mexico's largest state?
Havasupai Indians → Near the bottom of the Grand Canyon these Indians lived?
mesas → What are flat topped hills called?