← History 6.3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Chihuahuan Desert
- Great Salt Lake Desert
- a This is noted for its extremely level salt beds that are as hard as cement?
- b This desrt lies partly in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, but mostly in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
- c What are flat topped hills called?
- d This is the most characteristic plant in the Great Basin Desert. It is a bushy plant with a sweet smell and a bitter taste.
- e The first white men to see this canyon were Spaniards exploring with ___________ and his expedition in 1540.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What forest lies in the Painted Desert?
- The largest desert area in the United States is?
- The largest canyon in the world?
- The ____________ ____________ lies between the Rocky Mountains to the east and the Pacific mountain chains to the west.
- These Indians live in the Painted Desert and use the brightly colored sands to make their famous sand paintings.
5 True/False Questions
Havasupai Indians → Near the bottom of the Grand Canyon these Indians lived?
Great Basin Desert, the Colorado Plateau, the Mojave Desert, the Sonoran Desert, and the Chihuahuan Desert → The desert is divided into five regions. What are they?
Big Room → The Grand Canyon is a _______cut almost straight down through the plateau.
people of the blue-green water → Intermountain means?
Columbia Plateau → What river flows through the Grand Canyon?