5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 134 degrees F
- Carlsbad Caverns
- Retrified Forest National Park
- a The world's most spectacular limestone caverns and they lie in part of the Chihuahuan Desert?
- b The highest temperature recorded int he US occurred in Death Valley in July 1913? What was the temperature?
- c These sand in the Chihuahuan Deset are made almost entirely of ________, the mineral from which plaster of Paris is made?
- d This is the oldest known living tree. It is a bristle cone that is said to be over 4,700 years old.
- e This is the largest and most colorful desert in the world. It is located in Arizona.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Carlsbad Caverns covers area of about 70 square miles and houses the largest underground chamber in North America which is called the?
- The deepest canyon in the United States?
- The Great Basin __________ _________ lives longer than any other tree in the world.
- Which areas are covered by the Columbia Plateau?
- This is located in California and is known to be the hottest and driest part of North America.
5 True/False questions
Great Salt Lake Desert → This is the largest saltwater lake in North America and the largest natural lake west of the Mississippi River?
sagebrush → The Carlsbad Caverns covers area of about 70 square miles and houses the largest underground chamber in North America which is called the?
Sonoran Desert → This desert is located in the South of the Great Basin Desert?
Columbia Plateau → What river flows through the Grand Canyon?
Grand Canyon → The deepest canyon in the United States?