5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Hells Canyon
- Havasupai Indians
- saguaro cactus
- Big Room
- a The Carlsbad Caverns covers area of about 70 square miles and houses the largest underground chamber in North America which is called the?
- b This is the largest cactus in the world?
- c The deepest canyon in the United States?
- d What are flat topped hills called?
- e Near the bottom of the Grand Canyon these Indians lived?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The Great Basin __________ _________ lives longer than any other tree in the world.
- This desert is in western Mexico, southern California, and Arizona.
- The Grand Canyon is a _______cut almost straight down through the plateau.
- Intermountain means?
- This desert is located in the South of the Great Basin Desert?
5 True/False Questions
Great Salt Lake Desert → This is the largest saltwater lake in North America and the largest natural lake west of the Mississippi River?
Navajo and Hopi Indians → These Indians live in the Painted Desert and use the brightly colored sands to make their famous sand paintings.
Columbia Plateau → What river flows through the Grand Canyon?
huge dunes of dazzling white sands → The Chihuahuan Desert is especailly known for?
134 degrees F → This is the most characteristic plant in the Great Basin Desert. It is a bushy plant with a sweet smell and a bitter taste.