5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Great Basin Desert, the Colorado Plateau, the Mojave Desert, the Sonoran Desert, and the Chihuahuan Desert
- Columbia Plateau
- Sonoran Desert
- a These sand in the Chihuahuan Deset are made almost entirely of ________, the mineral from which plaster of Paris is made?
- b This desert is in western Mexico, southern California, and Arizona.
- c The desert is divided into five regions. What are they?
- d This is the oldest known living tree. It is a bristle cone that is said to be over 4,700 years old.
- e The largest lava plateau in the world is?
5 Multiple choice questions
- This is Mexico's largest state?
- Intermountain means?
- The first white men to see this canyon were Spaniards exploring with ___________ and his expedition in 1540.
- This is noted for its extremely level salt beds that are as hard as cement?
- This is the largest and most colorful desert in the world. It is located in Arizona.
5 True/False questions
saguaro cactus → This is the largest cactus in the world?
Southeastern Washington, most of eastern Oregon, and part of Idaho. → This is the largest and most colorful desert in the world. It is located in Arizona.
sagebrush → This is the most characteristic plant in the Great Basin Desert. It is a bushy plant with a sweet smell and a bitter taste.
Intermountain Region → The ____________ ____________ lies between the Rocky Mountains to the east and the Pacific mountain chains to the west.
Navajo and Hopi Indians → Near the bottom of the Grand Canyon these Indians lived?