5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Hells Canyon
- Navajo and Hopi Indians
- Sonoran Desert
- Chihuahuan Desert
- a This desrt lies partly in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, but mostly in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
- b What are flat topped hills called?
- c These Indians live in the Painted Desert and use the brightly colored sands to make their famous sand paintings.
- d This desert is in western Mexico, southern California, and Arizona.
- e The deepest canyon in the United States?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The Chihuahuan Desert is especailly known for?
- What forest lies in the Painted Desert?
- The desert is divided into five regions. What are they?
- Another name for the Havasupai Indians is?
- This desert is located in the South of the Great Basin Desert?
5 True/False Questions
About one fourth → How much of the Sonaran Desert is below sea level?
Intermountain Region → The largest canyon in the world?
sagebrush → These sand in the Chihuahuan Deset are made almost entirely of ________, the mineral from which plaster of Paris is made?
134 degrees F → This is the most characteristic plant in the Great Basin Desert. It is a bushy plant with a sweet smell and a bitter taste.
Chihuahua → The first white men to see this canyon were Spaniards exploring with ___________ and his expedition in 1540.