5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Great Basin Desert, the Colorado Plateau, the Mojave Desert, the Sonoran Desert, and the Chihuahuan Desert
- Petrified Forest National Park
- Carlsbad Caverns
- bristlecone pine
- Hells Canyon
- a The deepest canyon in the United States?
- b The world's most spectacular limestone caverns and they lie in part of the Chihuahuan Desert?
- c The desert is divided into five regions. What are they?
- d What forest lies in the Painted Desert?
- e The Great Basin __________ _________ lives longer than any other tree in the world.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This is located in California and is known to be the hottest and driest part of North America.
- This is the oldest known living tree. It is a bristle cone that is said to be over 4,700 years old.
- What river flows through the Grand Canyon?
- The largest canyon in the world?
- This is the largest and most colorful desert in the world. It is located in Arizona.
5 True/False Questions
Southeastern Washington, most of eastern Oregon, and part of Idaho. → This is the largest and most colorful desert in the world. It is located in Arizona.
between the mountains → How much of the Sonaran Desert is below sea level?
Great Salt Lake → This is the largest saltwater lake in North America and the largest natural lake west of the Mississippi River?
Sonoran Desert → This desert is located in the South of the Great Basin Desert?
gorge → The Grand Canyon is a _______cut almost straight down through the plateau.