← History 6.3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- bristlecone pine
- Columbia Plateau
- huge dunes of dazzling white sands
- Southeastern Washington, most of eastern Oregon, and part of Idaho.
- a The Great Basin __________ _________ lives longer than any other tree in the world.
- b Which areas are covered by the Columbia Plateau?
- c The largest lava plateau in the world is?
- d The Chihuahuan Desert is especailly known for?
- e This is the oldest known living tree. It is a bristle cone that is said to be over 4,700 years old.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This desrt lies partly in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas, but mostly in the Mexican state of Chihuahua.
- Stretching for 200 miles along the Little Colorado River in the northeastern Arizona is this magnificent Desert?
- The Carlsbad Caverns covers area of about 70 square miles and houses the largest underground chamber in North America which is called the?
- The largest desert area in the United States is?
- The deepest canyon in the United States?
5 True/False Questions
About one fourth → How much of the Sonaran Desert is below sea level?
people of the blue-green water → Another name for the Havasupai Indians is?
Carlsbad Caverns → The world's most spectacular limestone caverns and they lie in part of the Chihuahuan Desert?
Colorado River → What river flows through the Grand Canyon?
Retrified Forest National Park → This is the largest and most colorful desert in the world. It is located in Arizona.