5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Founder events
- Coalescence Time
- a A population that is divided into discrete subpopulations between which individuals move infrequently.
- b Feeding on the tissue of woody plants.(twigs, fallen leaves, stuff from trees).
- c symbiotic relationship in which both species benefit from the relationship
- d when a new population is started by a small number of individuals
- e The period over which all the copies of a particular gene in a pop will have descended, just by chance, from a single copy that existed at some time in the past - Happens throughout genome - without mutation and immigration, and pop will eventually become genetically uniform, with all individuals homozygous for all genes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- organism that feeds on plant and animal remains and other dead matter
- A pattern of regular fluctuation above and below some mean value.
- A model that grows exponentially; E.G. a population model will continually increase at a rate proportional to the number of individuals at a given time.
- an organism, usually an insect, that kills or consumes its host when developing.
- survival of the fittest
5 True/False Questions
Periodic Cycle → a pattern of fluctation with regular intervals between high and low values
Demography → the study of populations
Homozygote → when an organism's genotype has dominent and recessive genes for a trait (ex. Bb)
Intrinsic Rate of Increase → Effect of population change: in a food web, the cascading effect that a change in the size of one population in the web has on the populations below it.
Subpopulation → A population that is divided into discrete subpopulations between which individuals move infrequently.