5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Medicare part D
- State board of pharmacy.
- Kefauver-Harris Amendment
- a Body established to ensure that the public is well served professionally by pharmacist.
- b Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990. Mandated three main provisions. Drug manufacturers provide the lowest price to medicaid patients. That drug review and patient counseling are now mandated.
- c National Drug Code Number is required on all o-t-c and prescription drug labels. 11 numbers. The first 5 id the manufacturer or distributor. The last 6 id the drug name package size and type of drug.
- d A voluntary prescription drug benefit to medicare.
- e An amendment to the federal food and cosmetic act that required all new drugs marketed in the united states to be shown to not only safe, but effective.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A federal agency established to implement the rules and regulations to enforce the Controlled Substances Act(CSA). To combat controlled substance abuse.
- This law was passed by congress because of the concern about the risks to public health and safety associated with unsanitary and poorly labeled foods and drugs.
- Are used to treat relatively rare diseases. A rare disease is one that effects less then 200,000 persons or that the cost of developing it could not be made back from sales of the drug.
- A review of the patients medication profile by a pharmacist to screen for any drug problems prior to the drug being dispensed. (therapeutic duplications, drug-drug interactions, incorrect dosage, drug-allergy interactions, clinical abuse or misuse).
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (1970). Was created to decrease hazards in the work place.
5 True/False questions
The Orange Book → a federal insurance program for persons over the age of 65 and qualified disabled or blind persons regardless of income
The Controlled Substances Act of 1970 → amendment to the Federal hazardous act. It regulates certain household products to be in special packaging that makes it hard for children to open but easy for most adults (child resistant containers).
The Joint Commission → FDA published the Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations
DEA-222 → Patient Package Inserts FDA requires to distribute PPI's to educate the pt about proper care and dangers of prescription drugs.
Medicare → National Drug Code Number is required on all o-t-c and prescription drug labels. 11 numbers. The first 5 id the manufacturer or distributor. The last 6 id the drug name package size and type of drug.