5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Medicare part D
- Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906
- a Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990. Mandated three main provisions. Drug manufacturers provide the lowest price to medicaid patients. That drug review and patient counseling are now mandated.
- b Occupational Safety and Health Administration (1970). Was created to decrease hazards in the work place.
- c Form required to order c-s I and II. Also need to transfer c-s I and II between pharmacies, and to returns to wholesaler or manufacturer. all DEA-222 come in triplicate.
- d A voluntary prescription drug benefit to medicare.
- e This law was passed by congress because of the concern about the risks to public health and safety associated with unsanitary and poorly labeled foods and drugs.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Patient Package Inserts FDA requires to distribute PPI's to educate the pt about proper care and dangers of prescription drugs.
- Laws enacted by a legislative body that dictate the conduct of persons or organizations subject to the law.
- National Drug Code Number is required on all o-t-c and prescription drug labels. 11 numbers. The first 5 id the manufacturer or distributor. The last 6 id the drug name package size and type of drug.
- The Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act, a federal law protecting the privacy of patient-specific health care information and providing the patient with control over how this information is used and distributed.
- Used to help manufacturers to quickly get their drugs to market. Encourage manufacturers to conduct research for new uses of drugs and to submit new drug applications. (NDAs). To encourage drug manufacturers to perform pediatric studies of drugs.
5 True/False Questions
The patients Bill of Rights → "A private, voluntary, not-for-profit organization that evaluates and accredits hospitals and other healthcare organizations on the basis of predefined performance standards; formerly known as The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations or JCAHO "
Kefauver-Harris Amendment → An amendment to the federal food and cosmetic act that required all new drugs marketed in the united states to be shown to not only safe, but effective.
The Joint Commission → FDA published the Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations
Prospective Drug Review → Are used to treat relatively rare diseases. A rare disease is one that effects less then 200,000 persons or that the cost of developing it could not be made back from sales of the drug.
Poison Prevention Act of 1970 → amendment to the Federal hazardous act. It regulates certain household products to be in special packaging that makes it hard for children to open but easy for most adults (child resistant containers).