5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Food and drug Administration modernization Act of 1997. (FDAMA)
- Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act of 1938.
- Medication Administration Record (MAR)
- Medicare part D
- Poison Prevention Act of 1970
- a A record maintained by the nursing staff containing information about the patients medication and it's frequency of administration.
- b The federal statute through which the FDA promulgates its rules and regulations. No new drug could be marketed unless it was proven safe for use.
- c Used to help manufacturers to quickly get their drugs to market. Encourage manufacturers to conduct research for new uses of drugs and to submit new drug applications. (NDAs). To encourage drug manufacturers to perform pediatric studies of drugs.
- d amendment to the Federal hazardous act. It regulates certain household products to be in special packaging that makes it hard for children to open but easy for most adults (child resistant containers).
- e A voluntary prescription drug benefit to medicare.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An amendment to the federal food and cosmetic act that required all new drugs marketed in the united states to be shown to not only safe, but effective.
- established two classes of drugs, over the counter (OTC) and prescription. And mandated that labels of prescription, drugs include the legend. Caution Federal Law Prohibits dispensing without a prescription.
- Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990. Mandated three main provisions. Drug manufacturers provide the lowest price to medicaid patients. That drug review and patient counseling are now mandated.
- Body established to ensure that the public is well served professionally by pharmacist.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (1970). Was created to decrease hazards in the work place.
5 True/False questions
PHI → Protected Health Information. Individually identifiable health information transmitted or maintained in any form. except employment records.
Federal Statuates → A voluntary prescription drug benefit to medicare.
The patients Bill of Rights → "A private, voluntary, not-for-profit organization that evaluates and accredits hospitals and other healthcare organizations on the basis of predefined performance standards; formerly known as The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations or JCAHO "
DEA-222 → Form required to order c-s I and II. Also need to transfer c-s I and II between pharmacies, and to returns to wholesaler or manufacturer. all DEA-222 come in triplicate.
Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906 → This law was passed by congress because of the concern about the risks to public health and safety associated with unsanitary and poorly labeled foods and drugs.