5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Food and Drug Administration
- Medicare part D
- Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act of 1938.
- a The federal statute through which the FDA promulgates its rules and regulations. No new drug could be marketed unless it was proven safe for use.
- b A voluntary prescription drug benefit to medicare.
- c Occupational Safety and Health Administration (1970). Was created to decrease hazards in the work place.
- d Form required to order c-s I and II. Also need to transfer c-s I and II between pharmacies, and to returns to wholesaler or manufacturer. all DEA-222 come in triplicate.
- e Promulgates rules and regulation and standards; inspects drug and food facilities to ensure public safety regarding drug products.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "A private, voluntary, not-for-profit organization that evaluates and accredits hospitals and other healthcare organizations on the basis of predefined performance standards; formerly known as The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations or JCAHO "
- Laws enacted by a legislative body that dictate the conduct of persons or organizations subject to the law.
- A federal agency established to implement the rules and regulations to enforce the Controlled Substances Act(CSA). To combat controlled substance abuse.
- A declaration ensuring that all patients, inpatients, outpatients, and emergency patients are afforded their rights in a health care institution.
- a federal insurance program for persons over the age of 65 and qualified disabled or blind persons regardless of income
5 True/False Questions
Prospective Drug Review → A review of the patients medication profile by a pharmacist to screen for any drug problems prior to the drug being dispensed. (therapeutic duplications, drug-drug interactions, incorrect dosage, drug-allergy interactions, clinical abuse or misuse).
Durham-Humphrey Amendment → An amendment to the federal food and cosmetic act that required all new drugs marketed in the united states to be shown to not only safe, but effective.
PPI → Protected Health Information. Individually identifiable health information transmitted or maintained in any form. except employment records.
OBRA → Occupational Safety and Health Administration (1970). Was created to decrease hazards in the work place.
Kefauver-Harris Amendment → established two classes of drugs, over the counter (OTC) and prescription. And mandated that labels of prescription, drugs include the legend. Caution Federal Law Prohibits dispensing without a prescription.