5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a considered beforehand, deliberately planned.
- b to include or contain; to be made up of
- c a high peak or point
- d skillful, nimble
- e comfort, relief; to comfort, console
5 Multiple choice questions
- stale, moldy; out-of-date
- dignified, majestic
- deprived of the necessities of life; lacking in
- to stop by force, put down
- coming at a bad time; not appropriate
5 True/False questions
officious → meddling; excessively forward in offering services or assuming authority.
ironic → to wave or flourish in a menacing or vigorous fashion
explicit → definite, clearly stated
brandish → suggesting an incongruity between what might be expected and what actually happens; given to irony and sarasm.
venal → open to or marked by bribery or corruption