5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a suggesting an incongruity between what might be expected and what actually happens; given to irony and sarasm.
- b definite, clearly stated
- c bending easily; bending with agility; readily adaptable; servile
- d to include or contain; to be made up of
- e comfort, relief; to comfort, console
5 Multiple choice questions
- stale, moldy; out-of-date
- to tear up by the root; to destroy totally
- coming at a bad time; not appropriate
- skillful, nimble
- to yield to; to assume an office or dignity
5 True/False questions
rampant → growing without check, running wild.
officious → meddling; excessively forward in offering services or assuming authority.
stately → dignified, majestic
brandish → suggesting an incongruity between what might be expected and what actually happens; given to irony and sarasm.
ominous → unfavorable, threatening, of bad omen