5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a high peak or point
- b coming at a bad time; not appropriate
- c to include or contain; to be made up of
- d to yield to; to assume an office or dignity
- e suggesting an incongruity between what might be expected and what actually happens; given to irony and sarasm.
5 Multiple choice questions
- definite, clearly stated
- comfort, relief; to comfort, console
- to tear up by the root; to destroy totally
- deprived of the necessities of life; lacking in
- considered beforehand, deliberately planned.
5 True/False questions
ominous → meddling; excessively forward in offering services or assuming authority.
venal → open to or marked by bribery or corruption
supple → to stop by force, put down
deft → stale, moldy; out-of-date
stately → stale, moldy; out-of-date