1. Which speaker port should you use when connecting a single speaker to a PC?
If you are using a single speaker or two speakers with a single sound cable, connect the cable to the green sound port on the motherboard, which is usually the middle port.
2. What type of compression format is popular for audio files?
3. What type of adapter card allows you to watch TV using your computer?
PCI TV Tuner card, generally known as Internal TV Tuner Card.
4. What type of file system is used by Blu-ray discs?
UDF version 2.5 file system.
5. What two types of interfaces might be used by an internal DVD drive?
PATA or SATA.
6. How much data can a CD hold?
120 mm (5 inches) : 700MB/80 minutes
7. How much data can a double-sided, double-layer DVD hold?
8. What color laser beam does a CD and DVD drive use?
Red laser beam.
9. What color laser beam does a Blu-ray drive use?
Blue laser beam.
10. How much data can a double-sided, single-layer BD hold?
11. How much data can a double-sided, dual-layer BD hold?
12. Which costs more, a CD-R or a CD-RW disc?
13. Which type of flash memory card is currently the smallest type card and the most popular?
Micro SDH Card.
14. What type flash memory card looks the same and is interchangeable with a MicroSD card?
15. Which type of removable storage device can only access its data sequentially and not randomly?
Tape Drives. The biggest disadvantage of using tape drives is that data is stored on tape by sequential access; to read data from anywhere on the tape, you must start at the beginning of the tape and read until you come to the sought-after data.
16. Which type of image file format typically produces a larger file size, a JPEG file or a TIFF file?
17. What are the group of standards that represent music in digital form?
18. Why might a musical keyboard have two MIDI ports?
One port for input, one port for output.
A midi port can do one or the other, not both at the same time.
19. If you need your laptop to read an SD card but the laptop does not have a memory card slot, what device can you buy to read the card?
USB media reader or USB card reader.
20. What Windows Vista utility is used to change the burn speed for CDs and DVDs?
To change the CD/DVD burn rate in Vista, open Windows Media Player, click on the down-arrow under burn and select "More Burn Options" from the drop-down menu. In the Options box that appears, click the Burn tab and then select the new burn rate.