5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 2. What type of compression format is popular for audio files?
- 12. Which costs more, a CD-R or a CD-RW disc?
- 20. What Windows Vista utility is used to change the burn speed for CDs and DVDs?
- 1. Which speaker port should you use when connecting a single speaker to a PC?
- 16. Which type of image file format typically produces a larger file size, a JPEG file or a TIFF file?
- a To change the CD/DVD burn rate in Vista, open Windows Media Player, click on the down-arrow under burn and select "More Burn Options" from the drop-down menu. In the Options box that appears, click the Burn tab and then select the new burn rate.
- b MP3.
- c CD-RW.
- d TIFF's.
- e If you are using a single speaker or two speakers with a single sound cable, connect the cable to the green sound port on the motherboard, which is usually the middle port.
5 Multiple choice questions
- PATA or SATA.
- USB media reader or USB card reader.
- One port for input, one port for output.
A midi port can do one or the other, not both at the same time.
5 True/False questions
8. What color laser beam does a CD and DVD drive use? → Red laser beam.
9. What color laser beam does a Blu-ray drive use? → Blue laser beam.
7. How much data can a double-sided, double-layer DVD hold? → 17GB.
4. What type of file system is used by Blu-ray discs? → Blue laser beam.
6. How much data can a CD hold? → 120 mm (5 inches) : 700MB/80 minutes