5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- figure of speech
- a A word or phrase that describes one thing in terms of something else that's different from it.
- b A figure of speech that refers to a well-known object or thing.
- c Comparing one unlike thing to another to describe it.
- d The accented vowel sounds of all sounds following them are separated.
- e words that describe what they sound like.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The time and place where the story happens.
- The rhyme that occurs at the end of the rhyme.
- When a character sees something from their perspective.
- A small piece of writing that has little depth.
- A short piece of writing usually told by the author.
5 True/False questions
metaphor → Like a simile, though it doesn't use like or as.
irony → The character's outlook on events.
personification → The kinds of writing that creates a clear image of something, usually by using details that appeal to one or more of our senses.
protagonist → The hero or usually main character of the story.
mood → The character's attitude and emotions.