5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Walter Cronkite
- Ho Chi Minh
- ARNV( Arvin)
- CBS Nigthly News
- a millons of people watched TV news of the wars problems and death and destruction every night in their living rooms. The US and South Vietnamese are saying one thing, and the news is saying something else.
- b Rocket Propelled Grenade, which was used to attack buildings, trucks, bunkers, planes etc.
- c a highly regarded anchorman for CBS News during the Vietnam War
- d the communist dictator of N. Vietnam but a very popular Vietnamese nationalist who probably would have won free elections
- e Army of Republic of Viet Nam; the ally of the US
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a supply line from North Vietnam to South Vietnam and Laos and Cambodia (Kampuchea) through the jungle and mountains upon which people carried,bicycles and trucked weapons and food
- the communist part of Vietnam
- the kind of news that turned people against the war
- a group of about 100 hundred African- american students were proesting very violently at Jackson State College in Mississippi. They were doing this to the point that the state police had to come. Two students were killed and twelve were injured. Happened just 10 days after Kent State
- a US plan to keep the South Vietnamese away from the Viet Cong by gathering people in special fortified places away from their villages to protect them from VC attacks AND to prevent them from helping the VC ( failed because the people hated being there)
5 True/False Questions
NVA ( North Vietnamease Army) → students protesting the Cambodian Invasion were shot by the Ohio National Guard - four students were killed. No one really knows what happened and why even though there were pictures, hundreds of witnesses and several trials.
Republic of South Vietnam → the southern part under anti- communist goverments and capitalism
Geneva Accords → 1. the agreement to end fighting of the Indochia War 2. divided Vietnam into two parts at the 17th parallel (the partition was supposed to be temporary) 3. elections after 2 years (1956) to end the patition
French Indochina War (1946-54) → France returned after WW II to continue colonial rule and the Vietnamese( who had won control of the Japanease) resisted
Kent State Massacure → students protesting the Cambodian Invasion were shot by the Ohio National Guard - four students were killed. No one really knows what happened and why even though there were pictures, hundreds of witnesses and several trials.