5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Viet Minh
- Viet Cong ( aka.Victor Charlie, Charlie, VC, formal name= Nation Liberation Front, or NLF)
- Jackson State
- Peoples Republic of Viet Nam (North Vietnam)
- Republic of South Vietnam
- a the communist part of Vietnam
- b the southern part under anti- communist goverments and capitalism
- c the southern guerrilas in South Vietnam most of whom, but not all were communists; organized in 1960 to oppose the dictatorship of Diem
- d a group of about 100 hundred African- american students were proesting very violently at Jackson State College in Mississippi. They were doing this to the point that the state police had to come. Two students were killed and twelve were injured. Happened just 10 days after Kent State
- e Communist led guerrillas who fought against the Japanease (with US HELP) in WW II and then the French
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- marches and self immolation ( settng self on fire) ; the way Diem responded taught Americans about how bad things were in South Vietnam i.e. we did not seem to be helping to defend a democracy
- a VC weapon, and also used by the US, which was portable and high arcing, artillery.
- 1968- a massive suprise attack by the VC and NVA which showed that the US had miscalculated the strength of themselves and their AVRN allies and has underestimated the strength of the enemy. VC and NVA were defeated in battles, but they won a "physcoloogical victory" when the US realized that "the light at the end of the tunnel" was a false promise. Also a turning inn in the war, bringing out even more protesters.
- the regular soliders of North Vietnam
- easily transported artillery; mortars (small, portable high arching artillery)
5 True/False Questions
RPG → Rocket Propelled Grenade, which was used to attack buildings, trucks, bunkers, planes etc.
Ho Chi Minh Trail → the communist dictator of N. Vietnam but a very popular Vietnamese nationalist who probably would have won free elections
AK 47 → jellied gasoline which was used in bombs to burn out enemy soldiers from underground bunkers and thick jungle- like liquid fire.
Gulf of Tonkin Incident → a highly regarded anchorman for CBS News during the Vietnam War
Agent Orange → Communist led guerrillas who fought against the Japanease (with US HELP) in WW II and then the French