← chp.11,16,13,19 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Fatty liver disease
- glycemic index(GI)
- a Milk or Milk products and plant foods
- b The regular consumption of nonfood substances such as clay or laundry starch.
- c measure of the extent to which blood glucose level is raised by a 50g portion of a carbohydrate-containing food compared to 50g of glucose or white bread
- d Laundry or corn starch eating
- e condition primarly associated with obesity, diabetes, and excessive alcohol intake.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- fish,eggs,milk and milk products,plant foods
- A condition in which cell membranes have reduced sensitivity to insulin so that more insulin than normal is required to transport a given amount of glucose into cells.
- hailed as the wonder drugs for treating heart disease
- a measure of the extent to which blood glucose level is raised by a given amount of a carbohydrates-containing food. GL is calculated by multiplying a food food's GI by its carbohydrate content.
- plant foods
5 True/False Questions
Binge Eating → hailed as the wonder drugs for treating heart disease
Type 2 diabetes → diseased charcterized by high blood glucose levels resulting from destruction of the insulin-producing cells of the pancreas.
geophagia → Clay or dirt eating
bulimia nervosa → Eating disorder charcterized by extreme loss, poor body image, and irrational fears of weight gain obesity.
LDL → good cholesterol