5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- je ne sais quoi
- Johnny come lately
- Johnny on the spot
- a a late arrival or participant; newcomer:
- b (phrase) literally "i do not know what" (used as a noun) "that certain something that is likable, but i can't quite describe it"
- c donkey; offensive word for an annoying, stupid person
- d person who is habitually early
- e n. The celebration of an anniversary, especially a fiftieth anniversary or beyond.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the principle that a person's nationality at birth is determined by the place of birth
- 1. any large, overpowering, destructive force or object, as war, a giant battleship, or a powerful football team.
2. anything requiring blind devotion or cruel sacrifice
- good-humored, in high spirits; merry
- a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves)
- extreme, chauvinistic patriotism, often favoring an aggressive, warlike foreign policy
5 True/False Questions
jurisdiction → Having to do with judges, the law, or the courts, judgemant by the court
juxtapose → given to or characterized by joking; humorous; merry
jumpy → moving in jumps; jerky: easily upset or excited; nervous
jocular → to make or force one's way by pushing or elbowing
jabberwocky → a playful imitation of language consisting of invented, meaningless words; nonsense; gibberish.