5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What produces relative wind as it applies to rotary wing aircraft?
- What assembly maintains the blade phase relationship between the master propeller and the slave propellers?
- How do helicopter pilots direct their thrust?
- What is the difference between geometric pitch and effective pitch?
- What do you call the difference between the geometric pitch of the propeller and its effective pitch?
- a Geometric pitch (theoretical) = distance a propeller would advance in one revolution if it were moving in a solid medium
Effective pitch (actual) = the distance is actually advances
- b The wind produced by the rotational velocity of the rotor blade
- c propeller slip
- d By tilting the tip-path plane
- e synchrophaser assembly
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- To make sure the most effective angle of attack is maintained down the entire length of the blade
- It enhances stability in the pitch, roll and yaw axes, and both SAS-1 and SAS-3 enhances turn coordination at airspeeds above 60 knots
- hot section
- Horse power
- brake horsepower
5 True/False Questions
Where are the HH-60 rotor brake discs located? → tail rotor driveshaft
What flight control unit combines, sums, and couples cyclic, collective, and yaw inputs. Then provides proportional output signals, through mechanical linkages, to the main and tail rotor controls? → The mixing unit
How much shaft horsepower (shp) is produced by the T700-GE-701C engine? → 1,940
What flight control surface controls the aircraft about the vertical axis? → pitch
What is the purpose of the main rotor gust lock? → The engine turns at 100 percent which is too fast for the propeller to handle. The reduction gear is used to reduce the propeller speed to a practical range