6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- A ___ follows a linking verb and descibes a QUALITY of the subject.
- In some sentences beginning with here or there, ___ follow verbs. To find the ___ in such sentences, look for the verb and ask the question who or what.
- The ___ is the MAIN word or words in the complete subject.
- A ___ is a word or group of words that NAMES the RECEIVER of the action of an action verb.
- A ___ is a group of words that expresses a COMPLETE thought.
- A ___ is a word to express an action, a condition, or a state of being.
6 True/False questions
compound verb → A ___ is made up of two or more VERBS that have the same subject.
subject complement → A ___ is a word or group of words that follow a linking verb AND renames or describes the subject.
run-on sentence → A ___ is two or more sentences written as though they were a single sentence.
indirect object → A ___ is a word or group of words that NAMES the RECEIVER of the action of an action verb.
sentence → A ___ can be used to: make a statement, ask a question, to make a request or give a command, or to show strong feelings.
complete sentence → Every ___ has two basic parts: a subject and a predicate.