5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- John's "I am" Statements
- Exodus Paradigm
- Luke - Style
- Passover Paradigm
- Mark - Style
- a God's care and protection
- b -fits a Roman mindset (give us the story, not the extra details)
1) historic present tense
2) participle pile up - lots of "ing"
3) εὐθὐς - "immediately" used as a fill word
4) Abruptness - not concerned with the birth of Christ, in the first 13 verses: OT foundations, John the Baptist, Jesus, Jesus' baptism, Jesus sent to the wilderness/temptation and the beginning of ministry
- c Moses: an agent of redemption
- d -Two volumes (the only one done intentionally)
-LXX style with a classical touch
-- Luke/Acts written like they belong to scripture already
-clearly educated and studied
- e without a predicate = "God is."
with a predicate = source of life, exclusivity (there is NO other)
I am the way
I am the resurrection and the life
I am the vine
I am the bread of life
I am the light of the world
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "word for word"
-ich gehe nach Hause -> i go to house -> I'm going home
-danger: can fail to make clear
- -non-canonical, 2nd c gnostic, pseudepigraph
-alludes to and quotes NT
-includes stories/quotes of Jesus which may have actually happened
-Nag Hammadi: 350 AD. Coptic copy with 114 sayings of Jesus, found in 1945
-Oxyrhynncus: 2nd or 3rd c. Fragments with 32 sayings, found in 1904, published 1970s
- collapse of the Kingdom
-if scripture was written in "street Greek" shouldn't we translate it into "street English?"
-often group focused (e.g. Cotton Patch Gospel)
-becomes very dated very fast
-not developed by a committee, often just one person
-ex: The Message
-danger: Translator's agenda; can add, leave out or distort
- Johannine Community (disciples and followers of John)
-Christians under Domitian persecution
-isolated community, still a part of synagogue life, facing temptation to turn b/c of Jewish pressure under persec.
5 True/False Questions
Abraham Paradigm → God's care and protection
Streeter's Hypothesis → 1863
"The Incident" Paradigm → Jesus is a Joshua "type" and Joshua is a Jesus "type"
Yeshua (Joshua) in Hebrew is transliterated Jesus in Greek
means "Ywh is Salvation"
Eschatalogical Framework of NT → ...
(evidence of Markan Priority) → Often incomplete, easily misunderstood & embarrassing. Mtt and Luke smooth it out.
ex: Jesus calming the storm