← History 6.4 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- antelope jack rabbit
- California condor
- creosote bushes, Joshua trees, sagebrush and yuccas
- a This is a large vulture with a bald, orange head and a reddish neck, is the largest land bird in North America?
- b The _____________ cactus has a number of enormous stems and an edible red fruit?
- c This jack rabbit can bound along at 35 miles and hour to escape predators. it uses its huge ears as a cooling system?
- d The ___________cacomistles species can be tamed as pets and mouse catchers. A champion escape artist, the __________ can wedge itself into tiny crevices to escape predators?
- e Name some other hardy desert plants besides cacti.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- These animals look like large housecats with stubby tails, live in the mountains and plains as well as in the deserts?
- These are the most abundant mammals of the desert?
- Cacti are " ___________ plants."
- The ____________ __________, which is the most widespread cactus, has prickly fruit shaped something like a pear or a fig?
- This animal collects assorted objects and hides them in its nest, run around on the thorny cacti with no harm?
5 True/False Questions
old man → The _______ ________ cactus is named for its shaggy covering of white hair?
weigh tons, store water, Indians used their spines as fishhooks. → Tell some facts about the Barrel cacti?
To avoid the heat → Why do the animals burrow underground during the day?
1,600 → There are this many kinds of bats that live in caves in or near the deserts?
17 → There are this many kinds of bats that live in caves in or near the deserts?