← History 6.4 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- old man
- pack rat
- a The _______ ________ cactus is named for its shaggy covering of white hair?
- b This animal collects assorted objects and hides them in its nest, run around on the thorny cacti with no harm?
- c Cacti are " ___________ plants."
- d These bat droppings are mined because they make one of the finest fertilizers known to man. What are bat droppings called?
- e These are the most abundant mammals of the desert?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This animal hunts small nocturnal desert animals?
- This animal is five or more inches long without its long tail. It is able to survive on an extremely small amount of water because of its very efficient kidneys and cooling system. It moves around on two legs rather than four and its strong hind legs can propel it two feet straight up or in any other direction?
- These animals look like large housecats with stubby tails, live in the mountains and plains as well as in the deserts?
- The _____________ cactus has a number of enormous stems and an edible red fruit?
- This lizard is one of only two poisonous lizards in the world and is found in the deserts of North America?
5 True/False Questions
1,600 → There are this many kinds of bats that live in caves in or near the deserts?
roadrunner → These are the most abundant mammals of the desert?
horned toad → The _______ ________ cactus is named for its shaggy covering of white hair?
Cacomistles → A wild member of the dog family, helps keep down the rodent and rabbit population, which could otherwise destroy all the cacti. What animal is this?
night → All of the approximately ______ species of cacti live in North and South America.