7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- muddy, obscurd, (of especially liquids) clouded as with "a cloudy liquid"; "muddy coffee"; "murky waters", ADJ. having the sediment disturbed. The water was **** after the children had waded through it.
- happy, prosperous, "a golden era"; "the **** days of the clipper trade", idyllically calm and peaceful
- acquire through sneakiness, influence or urge by gentle urging, caressing, or flattering, deceive; lead astray by deception; wheedle(cajole); Ex. **** her into joining the club; CF. interest dishonestly
- fend off, dodge, ward off a blow; deflect; Ex. He *** the unwelcome question very skillfully; N. CF. ¸·´Â´Ù´Â °³³äÀÌ ¾Æ´Ô
- to adapt to a culture, to adapt or adjust to the cultural traits or patterns of another group as a result of conditioning, V. assimilate to a different culture, typically the dominant one.
=to successfully integrate, to become part of the dominant culture "Acculturation into british society.I
- not questionable, not doubtable, ADJ. /攻不破的/not subject to question; not open to attack. Penelope's virtue was ***; while she waited for her husband to come back from the war, no other man had a chance.
without flaws or loopholes ADJECTIVE
EX. "an ironclad contract"; "a watertight alibi"; "a bulletproof argument"
able to withstand attack ADJECTIVE
EX. "an impregnable fortress"; "fortifications that made the frontier inviolable"
6 True/False Questions
anomalous → having a pleasant sound. , (of speech or dialect) pleasing in sound
chauvinist → extreme patriot, one who believes one group is superior to another, one having a fanatical devotion to a country, gender, or religion, with contempt for other countries, the opposite sex, or other beliefs
impalpable → not physical, not able to be touched, incapable of being perceived by the senses especially the sense of touch, imperceptible to the senses or the "an **** pulse"
incapable of being perceived by the senses especially the sense of touch ADJECTIVE
EX. "the intangible constituent of energy"- James Jeans
imperceptible to the senses or the mind ADJECTIVE
EX. "an *** cloud"; "** shadows"; "* distinctions"; "as *** as a dream"
paradigm → model, theoretical framework, the generally accepted perspective of a particular discipline at a given time. "he framed the problem within the psychoanalytic ****"
, (n.) an example that is a perfect pattern or model (Because the new SUV was so popular, it became the *** upon which all others were modeled.)
quisling → traitor, someone who collaborates with an enemy occupying... From Vidkun ****, a Norwegian army officer who betrayed his country to the Nazis during WWII; a traitor or collaborator
traitor who aids invaders (Eg: In his conquest of Europe, Hitler was aided by the *** who betrayed their own people and served in
disingenuous → having a pleasant sound. , (of speech or dialect) pleasing in sound