7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- model, theoretical framework, the generally accepted perspective of a particular discipline at a given time. "he framed the problem within the psychoanalytic ****"
, (n.) an example that is a perfect pattern or model (Because the new SUV was so popular, it became the *** upon which all others were modeled.)
- not questionable, not doubtable, ADJ. /攻不破的/not subject to question; not open to attack. Penelope's virtue was ***; while she waited for her husband to come back from the war, no other man had a chance.
without flaws or loopholes ADJECTIVE
EX. "an ironclad contract"; "a watertight alibi"; "a bulletproof argument"
able to withstand attack ADJECTIVE
EX. "an impregnable fortress"; "fortifications that made the frontier inviolable"
- fend off, dodge, ward off a blow; deflect; Ex. He *** the unwelcome question very skillfully; N. CF. ¸·´Â´Ù´Â °³³äÀÌ ¾Æ´Ô
- difference, disagreement, an activity that varies from a norm or standardany variation in his routine was immediately reported"
- The minimum number of members who must be present to permit a legislative body to take official action, such a number of the officers or members of any body as is legally competent to transact business., N. /法定人数/number of members necessary to conduct a meeting. The senator asked for a roll call to determine whether a **** was present.
- chatter, talk meaninglessly, V. /空谈/speak foolishly; boast idly. Let us not **** about our good qualities; rather, let our virtues speak for them¬selves.
6 True/False questions
disingenuous → seemingly honest while not being so, ADJ. /不诚恳的/lacking genuine candor; insincere. Now that we know the mayor and his wife are engaged in a bitter divorce fight, we find their earlier remarks regretting their lack of time together remarkably *****.
impalpable → acquire through sneakiness, influence or urge by gentle urging, caressing, or flattering, deceive; lead astray by deception; wheedle(cajole); Ex. **** her into joining the club; CF. interest dishonestly
transcendental → happy, prosperous, "a golden era"; "the **** days of the clipper trade", idyllically calm and peaceful
chauvinist → extreme patriot, one who believes one group is superior to another, one having a fanatical devotion to a country, gender, or religion, with contempt for other countries, the opposite sex, or other beliefs
Euphonious → irregular, unusual, deviating from the general or common order or advanced forms of life may be ** in the universe", ADJ. /不正常的，变态的/abnormal; irregular. He was placed in the *** position of seeming to approve procedures which he despised.
reprobate → chatter, talk meaninglessly, V. /空谈/speak foolishly; boast idly. Let us not **** about our good qualities; rather, let our virtues speak for them¬selves.