5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ex officio
- a SYNONYM of harangue and remonstrate and rail
- b ANTONYM of polished, grown-up
- c VERB: to let saliva flow from the mouth
- d Foolish voters! They thought I'd just become the Supreme Dictator, but now I'm also the ________ Minister of Platypuses.
- e VERB: to spread through, penetrate, soak through
5 Multiple choice questions
- VERB: to make a violent attack in words, express strong disapproval
- SYNONYM of poach
- NOUN: a summary, condensed account
- SYNONYM of prosperity and peace
- Most columns in the paper described Herman Cain's speeches as "foolish, nonsensical ______. Does he really think that a 9-9-9 plan will work?"
5 True/False questions
bombastic → The Internet makes it possible for misinformation to _________ the average public's knowledge.
drivel → VERB: to think or believe without certain supporting evidence; to conjecture or guess
epitome → SYNONYM of abstract (like the thing at the beginning of university papers)
intrinsic → ANTONYM of outward
epitome → You really had your stuff together. You handled everything with ______.