5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fait accompli
- a an accomplished, presumably irreversible act or deed
- b The little fairies from I Kill Giants are considered ________________s because they often foreshadow trouble that will occur in the novel.
- c The press _______________ was more successful for the new candidate.
- d a mild, indirect, or vague word used instead of one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive
- e distasteful (because excessive); excessively sweet or sentimental
5 Multiple choice questions
- a complete failure
- His _________________ habits which were very specific and eccentric were a key lead for the dectectives to solve the case.
- giving and careful attention to detail
- When the Navy seals completed their mission it was a ___________________ .
- understood only by a small group or a select few
5 True/False questions
She began reminiscing about the way she ___________ to get meat during the war by finding a vegetarian family in the neighborhood and trading her vegetable ration card for their meat card. → faux pas
elan → preformed with a natural, offhand ease; marked by ease and fluency of speech or writing that suggests or stems from insincerity, superficiality, or deceitfulness
"Personal staff time" was a phrase that on the 1980 campaign plane had been considered a ___________ for "nap time." → equanimity
epitome → a standard or typical example
Her father's obsession with fleas, however, was not a ____________ enthusiasm. → dilettante