5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Half of the audience went out, trampinig in heavy boots, and laughing. The whole thing was a ______________.
- It is always painful to part from people whom one has known for a very brief space of time. The absence of old friends one can endure with ___________ .
- fait accompli
- a When the Navy seals completed their mission it was a ___________________ .
- b a personal attractiveness that enables you to influence others
- c fiasco
- d equanimity
- e an indirect, less offensive way of saying something that is considered unpleasant
5 Multiple choice questions
- The press _______________ was more successful for the new candidate.
- art characterized by sentimental, often pretentious bad taste
- When the patrons were allowed in to the Apple sore, a _____________ occurred outside while some patrons had to wait their turn to enter.
- a mild, indirect, or vague word used instead of one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive
5 True/False questions
esoteric → understood only by a small group or a select few
dilettante → achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods
epitome → art characterized by sentimental, often pretentious bad taste
"Personal staff time" was a phrase that on the 1980 campaign plane had been considered a ___________ for "nap time." → equanimity
Her father's obsession with fleas, however, was not a ____________ enthusiasm. → dichotomy