5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- deja vu
- a an indirect, less offensive way of saying something that is considered unpleasant
- b weariness and dissatisfaction from lack of occupation or interest, boredom
- c that eerie sense that "I've experienced this before." Cues from the current situation may subconsciously trigger retrieval of an earlier experience.
- d calmness, composure, refusal to panic
- e doing harm in a subtle manner
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to speak or act in a way that allows for more than one interpretation; to be deliberately vague or ambiguous
- The press _______________ was more successful for the new candidate.
- a personal attractiveness that enables you to influence others
- an accomplished and presumably irreversible deed, fact, or action
5 True/False Questions
harbinger → The little fairies from I Kill Giants are considered ________________s because they often foreshadow trouble that will occur in the novel.
finagle → achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods
fait accompli → a complete failure
Half of the audience went out, trampinig in heavy boots, and laughing. The whole thing was a ______________. → fiasco
She began reminiscing about the way she ___________ to get meat during the war by finding a vegetarian family in the neighborhood and trading her vegetable ration card for their meat card. → faux pas