5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Her father's obsession with fleas, however, was not a ____________ enthusiasm.
- deja vu
- a dilettante
- b weariness and dissatisfaction from lack of occupation or interest, boredom
- c a standard or typical example
- d that eerie sense that "I've experienced this before." Cues from the current situation may subconsciously trigger retrieval of an earlier experience.
- e giving and careful attention to detail
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- His _________________ habits which were very specific and eccentric were a key lead for the dectectives to solve the case.
- art characterized by sentimental, often pretentious bad taste
- a personal attractiveness that enables you to influence others
- The little fairies from I Kill Giants are considered ________________s because they often foreshadow trouble that will occur in the novel.
- a mild, indirect, or vague word used instead of one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive
5 True/False Questions
fait accompli → a complete failure
It is always painful to part from people whom one has known for a very brief space of time. The absence of old friends one can endure with ___________ . → equanimity
disheveled → A division into two parts
She began reminiscing about the way she ___________ to get meat during the war by finding a vegetarian family in the neighborhood and trading her vegetable ration card for their meat card. → faux pas
junket → weariness and dissatisfaction from lack of occupation or interest, boredom