5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- It is always painful to part from people whom one has known for a very brief space of time. The absence of old friends one can endure with ___________ .
- I began to fret that I might have committed a __________ by coming in without making an appointment.
- Freudian slip
- a a verbal mistake that is thought to reveal an unconscious belief, thought, or emotion
- b faux pas
- c The condo was the ________________ of wealth with the outstanding views and services provided by the concierge.
- d The little fairies from I Kill Giants are considered ________________s because they often foreshadow trouble that will occur in the novel.
- e equanimity
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to speak or act in a way that allows for more than one interpretation; to be deliberately vague or ambiguous
- A division into two parts
- rumpled, mussed; hanging in disorder
- The press _______________ was more successful for the new candidate.
- an accomplished, presumably irreversible act or deed
5 True/False Questions
esoteric → understood only by a small group or a select few
charisma → an indirect, less offensive way of saying something that is considered unpleasant
equanimity → to speak or act in a way that allows for more than one interpretation; to be deliberately vague or ambiguous
Half of the audience went out, trampinig in heavy boots, and laughing. The whole thing was a ______________. → fiasco
cloying → preformed with a natural, offhand ease; marked by ease and fluency of speech or writing that suggests or stems from insincerity, superficiality, or deceitfulness