5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- He is not above a trivial caper movie like Ocean's Eleven, but invests it with such ____________ that it becomes pure pleasure to watch.
- I began to fret that I might have committed a __________ by coming in without making an appointment.
- She began reminiscing about the way she ___________ to get meat during the war by finding a vegetarian family in the neighborhood and trading her vegetable ration card for their meat card.
- a finagled
- b faux pas
- c The pond was an _______________ place to fish because it was recently stocked with trout and other fish.
- d elan
- e enthusiastic and assured vigor and liveliness
5 Multiple choice questions
- to speak or act in a way that allows for more than one interpretation; to be deliberately vague or ambiguous
- that eerie sense that "I've experienced this before." Cues from the current situation may subconsciously trigger retrieval of an earlier experience.
- a socially awkward or tactless act
5 True/False questions
esoteric → a mild, indirect, or vague word used instead of one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive
fastidious → doing harm in a subtle manner
epitome → art characterized by sentimental, often pretentious bad taste
euphemism → a mild, indirect, or vague word used instead of one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive
idiosyncratic → The pond was an _______________ place to fish because it was recently stocked with trout and other fish.