5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fait accompli
- Half of the audience went out, trampinig in heavy boots, and laughing. The whole thing was a ______________.
- a to speak or act in a way that allows for more than one interpretation; to be deliberately vague or ambiguous
- b The pond was an _______________ place to fish because it was recently stocked with trout and other fish.
- c fiasco
- d When the Navy seals completed their mission it was a ___________________ .
- e showing frivolous or superficial interest
5 Multiple choice questions
- a verbal mistake that is thought to reveal an unconscious belief, thought, or emotion
- The little fairies from I Kill Giants are considered ________________s because they often foreshadow trouble that will occur in the novel.
- giving and careful attention to detail
- When the patrons were allowed in to the Apple sore, a _____________ occurred outside while some patrons had to wait their turn to enter.
5 True/False questions
ennui → enthusiastic and assured vigor and liveliness
equanimity → an indirect, less offensive way of saying something that is considered unpleasant
kitsch → When the patrons were allowed in to the Apple sore, a _____________ occurred outside while some patrons had to wait their turn to enter.
epitome → a standard or typical example
glib → preformed with a natural, offhand ease; marked by ease and fluency of speech or writing that suggests or stems from insincerity, superficiality, or deceitfulness