5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- fait accompli
- Half of the audience went out, trampinig in heavy boots, and laughing. The whole thing was a ______________.
- a calmness, composure, refusal to panic
- b an accomplished and presumably irreversible deed, fact, or action
- c fiasco
- d The little fairies from I Kill Giants are considered ________________s because they often foreshadow trouble that will occur in the novel.
- e rumpled, mussed; hanging in disorder
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to speak or act in a way that allows for more than one interpretation; to be deliberately vague or ambiguous
- an indirect, less offensive way of saying something that is considered unpleasant
- showing frivolous or superficial interest
- distasteful (because excessive); excessively sweet or sentimental
- When the patrons were allowed in to the Apple sore, a _____________ occurred outside while some patrons had to wait their turn to enter.
5 True/False Questions
glib → enthusiastic and assured vigor and liveliness
kitsch → art characterized by sentimental, often pretentious bad taste
Freudian slip → a verbal mistake that is thought to reveal an unconscious belief, thought, or emotion
finagle → achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods
esoteric → weariness and dissatisfaction from lack of occupation or interest, boredom