5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- fait accompli
- "Personal staff time" was a phrase that on the 1980 campaign plane had been considered a ___________ for "nap time."
- a enthusiastic and assured vigor and liveliness
- b euphemism
- c His _________________ habits which were very specific and eccentric were a key lead for the dectectives to solve the case.
- d an accomplished and presumably irreversible deed, fact, or action
- e a complete failure
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a standard or typical example
- rumpled, mussed; hanging in disorder
- confined to and understandable by only an enlightened inner circle
5 True/False Questions
harbinger → a personal attractiveness that enables you to influence others
deja vu → that eerie sense that "I've experienced this before." Cues from the current situation may subconsciously trigger retrieval of an earlier experience.
I began to fret that I might have committed a __________ by coming in without making an appointment. → faux pas
ennui → weariness and dissatisfaction from lack of occupation or interest, boredom
finagle → achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods