5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Self
- Relational Messages
- Avoidant Attachment
- a The adult who wants intimacy but is afraid of it - they pursue it and run away.
- b It is a product of interpersonal communication and experiences with others.
- c A social label that tells people who we are, what our duties and rights are, and where we stand in comparison to others.
- d Cues that tell us what sort of message a content message is.
- e The child does not expect other people to be there for him or her because the parent is consistently not there for them.
5 Multiple choice questions
- They are LEARNED, GENERAL, AFFECT OUR IDENTITIES, and we have MULTIPLE.
- They are generalized guidelines for how we should act as a certain person. We learn proper behaviors from our culture and our parents.
- The adult who doesn't want anything to do with relationships. They only trust themselves.
- What a performer does unintentionally to give the audience a glimpse of what's going on inside their head.
- Let me tell you the whole thing before you decide if it's wrong.
5 True/False questions
Invulnerable Responses → When what the parents say doesn't match up with their non-verbals.
Working Consensus → Agreement on definition of the situation.
Definition of the Situation → Both partners work together to construct roles that are mutually satisfactory.
Relational Definitions → When speakers present themselves in contradictory ways.
Symmetrical Pattern → A pattern consisting of acts that are similar.