5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dark Shadow
- Insecure Attachment
- Separation and Individuation
- Corrective Tactics
- a The child organizes information - building models of which behaviors lead to good and bad things. They symbolically rehearse the role.
- b The things we are ashamed of because society has deemed them wrong.
- c The period where teenagers distance themselves from their parents to develop an individual identity apart from the family structure.
- d Trying to correct face loss after it has happened.
- e Not having your needs met by a parent in a reliable and consistent way.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Messages that help maintain a child's face and help when face is lost.
- When speakers present themselves in contradictory ways.
- Disciplinary style where the parents are over-indulging and very confirming. They say ok to everything and the child never learns boundaries.
- Both partners work together to construct roles that are mutually satisfactory.
- A type of corrective tactic where you see someone lose face and you try and avoid them
5 True/False questions
Position → When there is a reward we are more motivated to take on a role.
Front → They are LEARNED, GENERAL, AFFECT OUR IDENTITIES, and we have MULTIPLE.
Credentialing → A type of disclaimer from a person with credentials because they are trying to help you.
Ex: I'm a doctor, so...
Positive Face → Being liked and admired.
Active Verbal Responses → Focus on confronting one's partner about hurtful remarks.