← Comm 330 Exam 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Double Bind
- The Self
- Dramaturgical Perspective
- a It is a product of interpersonal communication and experiences with others.
- b A child notices a behavior and the consequences
- c A situation where there is no correct response.
- d The environment in which your performance takes place.
- e Acting as if you were in a drama or a play. Basically, putting on a front. A strategic performance intended to make you look a certain way to certain people.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Parent briefly acknowledges the child and changes the subject.
- When what the parents say doesn't match up with their non-verbals.
- Not having your needs met by a parent in a reliable and consistent way.
- Cooley's theory that we see ourselves based on how other people see us
- A pattern consisting of acts that are similar.
5 True/False Questions
Impervious Response → When your parent does not acknowledge your prosperous activity.
Competitive Symmetry → When a patter consists on entirely one-ups.
Mindlessness → A state of reduced attention. The individual is trapped in categories devised in the past.
Definition of the Situation → Cues that tell us what sort of message a content message is.
Person Centered Messages → Consist of what is actually said about a topic.