← Comm 330 Exam 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Two Levels of Meaning
- Dismissing Parent
- Disorganized Attachment
- Mutual Negotiation
- a Wants the child's negative emotions to go away. They treat the child as unimportant.
- b Children are physically and sexually abused and their mental schema is disorganized.
- c 1. Content (What you say)
2. Relationship (What you really mean)
- d Both partners work together to construct roles that are mutually satisfactory.
- e A disciplinary style that combines authoritarian and permissive to set rules and boundaries in a confirming way.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The adult who doesn't want anything to do with relationships. They only trust themselves.
- When the acts in a sequence are relationally opposite.
- The nervous neurotic child because the parent is inconsistent in meeting the childs' needs.
- Trying to correct face loss after it has happened.
- The child does not expect other people to be there for him or her because the parent is consistently not there for them.
5 True/False Questions
Separation and Individuation → They give us an overall sense of who we are to one another.
Communication Theory of Identity → Identity construction can be viewed through four frames.
2. Enactment of Communication
Looking Glass Self → A state of reduced attention. The individual is trapped in categories devised in the past.
The Self → Using jokes to alleviate face loss.
Intrinsic Rewards → Rewards like money, clothes, jewelery, etc.