5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Secure Base Phenomenon
- Communication Theory of Identity
- Expression Given
- a Identity construction can be viewed through four frames.
2. Enactment of Communication
- b When the actions of each party intensify the actions of the other.
- c The child organizes information - building models of which behaviors lead to good and bad things. They symbolically rehearse the role.
- d As infants we are biologically wired to find someone to keep us safe because we can't take care of ourselves.
- e What I want you to see about me - the performance
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- They are generalized guidelines for how we should act as a certain person. We learn proper behaviors from our culture and our parents.
- Rewards like money, clothes, jewelery, etc.
- When speakers present themselves in contradictory ways.
- Things we have denied about ourselves that are actually good
- Disciplinary style where the parents act like dictators.
5 True/False Questions
Authoritative → A disciplinary style that combines authoritarian and permissive to set rules and boundaries in a confirming way.
Mental Models of Relationships → Both partners work together to construct roles that are mutually satisfactory.
Ego → The part of your self that you are aware of
Negative Face → Wanting to be seen as in control of your life but you actually don't have total freedom.
Positive Face → Being liked and admired.