← Comm 330 Exam 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Content Messages
- Person Centered Messages
- Disapproving Parent
- a Men are more reluctant to use them than women.
- b The mean parent who punishes and humiliates the child for having negative emotions.
- c Persuading people by forcing them in a social role, so that they will be inclined to behave according to that role.
- d The child organizes information - building models of which behaviors lead to good and bad things. They symbolically rehearse the role.
- e Consist of what is actually said about a topic.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A parent making clear that their message is more important than yours.
- Messages that indicate a desire to take control or limit the action of others.
- Both partners work together to construct roles that are mutually satisfactory.
- A state of alert and lively awareness involving active information processing and encouraging the creation of new categories and distinctions.
- Children are physically and sexually abused and their mental schema is disorganized.
5 True/False Questions
Motivation → The child organizes information - building models of which behaviors lead to good and bad things. They symbolically rehearse the role.
Support → Using jokes to alleviate face loss.
Unwanted Repetitive Patterns → Trying to keep face loss form happening
Preventive Tactics → Trying to keep face loss form happening
Mental Models of Relationships → All children develop an idea about how relationships work.