5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Affinity Seeking Behavior
- Confirming Messages
- a Disciplinary style where the parents are over-indulging and very confirming. They say ok to everything and the child never learns boundaries.
- b Messages that help maintain a child's face and help when face is lost.
- c After confirmation of face loss apologies are how people get face back socially
- d Actions designed to attract others.
- e The adult who doesn't want anything to do with relationships. They only trust themselves.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When two people develop common orientations and behaviors they guide members' perceptions of the world.
- Letting others know that the roles we are playing do not completely define us.
- The adult who wants intimacy but is afraid of it - they pursue it and run away.
- It asserts that people develop their attitudes by observing their behavior and concluding what attitudes must have caused them.
- When the actions of each party intensify the actions of the other.
5 True/False questions
Personal Front → The child organizes information - building models of which behaviors lead to good and bad things. They symbolically rehearse the role.
Person Centered Messages → Consist of what is actually said about a topic.
Humor → Goffman referred to these as materials and individuals who assist us in giving a successful performance.
Incongruous Response → It's not a personal, meaningful response. Cold and cliched.
Motivation → A social label that tells people who we are, what our duties and rights are, and where we stand in comparison to others.