5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Dismissing Parent
- Working Consensus
- Social Roles
- Preventive Tactics
- Secure Base Phenomenon
- a Wants the child's negative emotions to go away. They treat the child as unimportant.
- b Trying to keep face loss form happening
- c They are generalized guidelines for how we should act as a certain person. We learn proper behaviors from our culture and our parents.
- d As infants we are biologically wired to find someone to keep us safe because we can't take care of ourselves.
- e Agreement on definition of the situation.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The things we take with us when we go to different settings.
- The part of your self that you are aware of
- Parent briefly acknowledges the child and changes the subject.
- Let me tell you the whole thing before you decide if it's wrong.
- We give excuses/stories that make us look less foolish
5 True/False Questions
Expression Given → What I want you to see about me - the performance
Investment → The smallest unit to carry relational meaning, it is two acts in sequence.
Submissive Symmetry → When a pattern consists of entirely one-downs.
Incongruous Response → When what the parents say doesn't match up with their non-verbals.
Corrective Tactics → Trying to correct face loss after it has happened.