← Comm 330 Exam 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Definition of the Situation
- Incongruous Response
- Bem's Self Perception Theory
- Disconfirming Messages
- Emotional Coaching Parent
- a Messages from parents that threaten the child's sense of face.
- b The see the children's negative emotions as a chance to teach them. They allow the child to express emotions but with boundaries.
- c It asserts that people develop their attitudes by observing their behavior and concluding what attitudes must have caused them.
- d Everyone in a situation has their own definition of what's going on.
- e When what the parents say doesn't match up with their non-verbals.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The "anything goes" parent who is totally indulgent. They let the child show emotions without boundaries.
- Beating around the bush to avoid face loss
- The environment in which your performance takes place.
- When two or more roles are incompatible. Basically, two competing roles.
- Parent briefly acknowledges the child and changes the subject.
5 True/False Questions
Face Work → It is a product of interpersonal communication and experiences with others.
Fearful-Avoidant → The adult who wants intimacy but is afraid of it - they pursue it and run away.
Lines → The verbal and nonverbal behaviors we use during a performance
Disorganized Attachment → Children are physically and sexually abused and their mental schema is disorganized.
Mirroring → The environment in which your performance takes place.