5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- IEEE 1394 uses ____ data transfer, meaning that data is transferred continuously without breaks.
- Track and sector markings are written to a hard drive before it leaves the factory in a process called
- A(n) ____________________ motherboard used with an Energy Saver monitor can be configured to go into standby or sleep mode after a period of inactivity.
- When using an 80-conductor cable-select cable, the drive nearest the motherboard is the ____.
- The total number of ____ on the drive determines the drive capacity.
- a Green
- b low-level
- c isochronous
- d sectors
- e master
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Block mode
- F2 or F1
- read/write head
5 True/False Questions
With any installation, remember the importance of using a ground strap (ground bracelet) to ground yourself when working inside a computer case to protect components against ____. → ESD
The most reliable way to restore settings is to keep a written record of all the changes you make to ____. → CMOS RAM
A good source for information about hardware devices (and software) is a site that offers product reviews and technical specifications and compares product prices and features. → True
Generally when shopping for a motherboard for a gaming system, you'd need to pay attention to form factor, processor sockets, chipsets, buses and number of bus slots, and other connectors, slots, and ports. → True
With ____, two hard drives are configured as a single volume. → TV tuner