5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Access to a computer can be controlled using a ____ password.
- Has a maximum speed of 400 Mbps
- The ____ and the chipset determine which processors a board can support.
- For laptops, you can adjust the brightness of the display using ____ keys.
- A hard disk drive (HDD), most often called a hard drive, comes in two sizes for personal computers: the 1.8" size is used for laptop computers and the 2.5" size is used for desktops.
- a startup
- b processor socket
- c False
- d function
- e 1394a (FireWire)
5 Multiple choice questions
5 True/False questions
Hardware problems usually show up at POST, unless there is physical damage to an area of the hard drive that is not accessed during POST. → True
The CMOS battery on the motherboard is considered a(n) ____________________ replaceable unit. → hub
The ____ menu in BIOS setup allows you to configure automatic power-saving features for your system, such as suspend mode or a sleep state. → motherboard
If you are replacing a floppy drive, you must inform BIOS setup by accessing setup and changing the drive type. → True
____ transfers data directly from the drive to memory without involving the CPU. → DMA