5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- An optical drive can be set so that when you insert a disc, software on the disc automatically executes, a
feature called ____________________.
- Key(s) to press during the boot process to access the Newer Phoenix BIOS
- The first sector on the disk, called the boot sector or ____ record, contains the information about how the
disk is organized and the file system used.
- Computers store data digitally and ultimately as a stream of only two numbers: ____.
- The ____ and the chipset determine which processors a board can support.
- a 0 and 1
- b F2 or F1
- c processor socket
- d boot
- e AutoPlay
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1394a (FireWire)
- SATA connections
5 True/False questions
Newer computers do not allow you to boot without a keyboard. → startup
Sights and sounds have an infinite number of variations and are analog in nature. → True
The ____ menu in BIOS setup allows you to configure automatic power-saving features for your system, such as suspend mode or a sleep state. → power
If you are mounting a hard drive into a bay that is too large, a ____ kit can help you securely fit the drive into the bay. → False
An I/O device can be only be internal. → False