5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The hard protective plate of the nail, composed mainly of keratin
- Living skin at the base of the nail plate covering the matrix area.
- the technical term for nail of the fingers or toes
- Fold of normal skin that surrounds the nail plate.
- All the anatomical parts of the fingernail necessary to produce the natural nail plate.
5 True/False Questions
ligament → tough bank of fibrous tissue that connects bones or holds an organ in place
matrix → the technical term for nail of the fingers or toes
nail bed → portion of the skin that the nail plate sits on
hyponychium → the slightly thickened layer of skin that lies beneath the free edge of the nail plate
free edge → portion of the skin that the nail plate sits on