← Skin Test
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- insoluble pigments that account for the color of e.g. skin and scales and feathers
- A type of white blood that ingests (takes in) foreign material. _______ are key players in the immune response to foreign invaders
- independant organisms with only a single cell
- one of the proteins into which actomyosin can be split; can exist in either a globular or a fibrous form
- a yellow or orange pigment that is converted into vitamin A in the body
- the commonest protein in muscle; a globulin that combines with actin to form actomyosin
5 True/False Questions
hemoglobin → The molecule in the red Blood cell that carries oxygen. _________ combines with oxygen in the lungs and releases it in the tissues. It is what makes Blood red.
axons → In the circulatory system, a ___ is a blood vessel that carries blood back toward the heart
lymphocytes → a type of white blood cell in the vertebrate immune system
veins → nerve fiber is a long, slender projection of a nerve cell, or neuron, that conducts electrical impulses away from the neuron's cell
capillaries → Tiny blood vessels between arteries and veins that distribute oxygen-rich blood to the body.