5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which is not a laboratory safety rule (#1 on test)
- endoplasmic reticulum
- fine adjustment
- cell efficiency
- a measured by surface area, decreases as it gets larger
- b If you get cut during a lab and it's not serious, just put a band-aid on it.
- c used on high power, focuses small things
- d internal membrane system in cells in which lipid components of the cell membrane are assembled and some proteins are modified
- e a value that indicated the acidity or alkalinity of a solution on a scale of 0-14, based on the proportion of H+ ions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The organelle that contains the DNA and controls the processes of the cell
- molecule that shares electrons EQUALLY and does not have oppositely charged ends.
- has more hydroxide ions than hydronium, tastes bitter, has a pH above 7
- a rigid layer of nonliving material that surrounds the cells of plants and some other organisms
5 True/False questions
ionic bond → the attractive force between oppositely charged ions, which form when electrons are transferred from one atom to another
hydroxide → H 0
vacuoles → saclike structures that store materials such as water, salts, proteins, and carbohydrates
monomer → a naturally occurring or synthetic compound consisting of large molecules made up of a linked series of repeated simple monomers
original schwann theory → 1. All living things are made up of cells
2. Cells are the basic structural and funtional unit of
3. All cells come from other cells