AP English Vocabulary
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a inclined to teach or moralize
- b in a style of, an oration, showy in style
- c unfriendly, hostile
- d referring to literary works, history etc. (allusion)
- e humorously add, charmingly amusing, comical
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- satisfied, smug. (negative connotation)
- educated, scholarly
- telling a story
- short lived, transient.
5 True/False Questions
pedagogical → needlessly displaying learning, excessively picky.
bemused → stupefied, dazed, engrossed, deep in thought.
lofty → high worded, elevated
lugubrious → very sad, mournful, dirge like, lamenting
acquiescent → satisfied, smug. (negative connotation)