5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Holy Roman Empire
- Gregory the Great
- a Philosophy holding that the universe is regulated by natural laws explainable by science
- b Exclusion of religious meaning or considerations for the affairs of human life
- c The Nicene Creed states that Jesus is one with _____
- d The pope's crowning Charlemagne as Emperor of the Romans signaled the beginning of what?
- e The Gregorian Chant was created by
5 Multiple choice questions
- Initially, Luther set out to reform rather than break from the ______.
- Exhausted the Vatican's resources granting aid to the victims of the war, during WWI
- This is a book of the teachings of the Catholic church
- Movement that held to the theory of evolution
- Emperor who made Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire; persecuted Pagans
5 True/False questions
Gregory → Is credited with gathering and establishing the liturgical music tradition of the Western church.
Jesus Christ → The essential criterion for Christians was and is belief in _____.
Heresy → during the council of trent, the number of sacraments was finally set at ___
Bishop Joseph Cretin → First Bishop of the diocese
Apostles → followers associated most closely with Jesus