5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a during the council of trent, the number of sacraments was finally set at ___
- b the centers of stability, scholarship and learning during the upheaval in the West, which led into the Middle Ages were
- c After he became a bishop, he returned to Ireland to preach the Good News through establishment of monasteries
- d The Sisters later founded the Academy of Holy _______.
- e followers associated most closely with Jesus
5 Multiple choice questions
- The essential criterion for Christians was and is belief in _____.
- The messenger that proclaims the word of God to the world
- St. __________ is known as the father of Western monasticism.
- Initially, Luther set out to reform rather than break from the ______.
- was chosen as bishop by the people before even being baptized
5 True/False questions
Luther → He is considered to be the first pope
Ambrose → Became Augustine's mentor
St. Paul → First but not only Christian martyr
Jerome → the translation of the Bible into Latin was the greatest enduring contribution of ______.
Theodosius → Emperor who made Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire; persecuted Pagans