5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a First but not only Christian martyr
- b St. __________ is known as the father of Western monasticism.
- c This is a book of the teachings of the Catholic church
- d discovered that the earth revolves around the sun was condemned by the Church
- e Emperor who made Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire; persecuted Pagans
5 Multiple choice questions
- After he became a bishop, he returned to Ireland to preach the Good News through establishment of monasteries
- An apostate's performance of public penance and participation in a rite of re-entry into the church was the roots of
- The most influential theologian of the Middle Ages, the great contribution to the church was to use philosophical method and reasoning to do theology
- The power of Pope ______ was clear when he represented Rome in dealing with Attila the Hun
- The Gregorian Chant was created by
5 True/False questions
Hennepin → during the council of trent, the number of sacraments was finally set at ___
Secularism → Economic theory that land, factories, and mines are privately owned for profit; (Karl Marx opposed this theory)
Antony of Egypt → avoided all contact with humans, who he thought drew him from God.
Vatican II → This is a book of the teachings of the Catholic church
Body of Christ → The essential criterion for Christians was and is belief in _____.