5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- France signed this to say they'd be allies with the Americans and aid them with money and troops.
- <Commanded the Bonhomme Richard
<Won many Naval battles
<Quote: "I have not yey begun to fight!"
- Burgoyne was defeated! This convinced European leaders we could win the war.
- <Burgoyne left Canada, planning to meet Howe in Hudson River Valley to cut New England off from other colonies
<Howe went south to attack Philadelphia-never informed Burgoyne
<General Barry St. Leger never made it as well-cut off by General Benedict Arnold
<Weakened Burgoyne forced to fight alone
<Gen. Howe took Philadelphia, settled there for the winter-comfy and happy there, partying Benedict Arnold's wife spent time at those parties
- Breed's Hill-Dorchester Heights near Boston
General Gage attacked, but Patriots were prepared. Over 1,000 British lost their lives and 400 Patriots.
4 True/False questions
The Crisis → privately owned ships that had permission to sail through blockade and attack British
Americans had less than 50 of these currently
Battle of Long Island → Burgoyne was defeated! This convinced European leaders we could win the war.
Victories at Trenton and Princeton → France signed this to say they'd be allies with the Americans and aid them with money and troops.
Washington take control → Nathan Hale was captured (turned in by his own cousin) and gave his famous last words: "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."