5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Quote: "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country..."
- <Commanded the Bonhomme Richard
<Won many Naval battles
<Quote: "I have not yey begun to fight!"
- <Long, hard winter for Washington here 20 miles south of Philadelphia
<Lacked blankets, coats, shoes, warm tents, $$$-had to depend on local farmers' generosity
<"Winter of Red Snow"
<2,500 soldiers died in 6 months
- France signed this to say they'd be allies with the Americans and aid them with money and troops.
- <General von Steuben-military expert, trained troops
<Marquis de Lafayette-19 year old French soldier, fought with Washington
4 True/False questions
British Plan to Isolate New England, Turning the Tide → Washington defeats the British at Trenton, NJ on Dec. 26, 1776 in a surprise attack.
Washington take control → British wait in Boston for more troops and supplies. General Washington arrives in Boston to take over the command of Patriot troops. Benedict Arnold and Ethan Allen (Green Mountain Boys) had taken Vermont and Fort Ticonderoga in New York. Now they returned with cannons all aimed at Boston. The Loyalists and British sailed from Boston without confrontation.
Victories at Trenton and Princeton → France signed this to say they'd be allies with the Americans and aid them with money and troops.
Spying on the Enemy → Nathan Hale was captured (turned in by his own cousin) and gave his famous last words: "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."