5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Breed's Hill-Dorchester Heights near Boston
General Gage attacked, but Patriots were prepared. Over 1,000 British lost their lives and 400 Patriots.
- France signed this to say they'd be allies with the Americans and aid them with money and troops.
- <Burgoyne left Canada, planning to meet Howe in Hudson River Valley to cut New England off from other colonies
<Howe went south to attack Philadelphia-never informed Burgoyne
<General Barry St. Leger never made it as well-cut off by General Benedict Arnold
<Weakened Burgoyne forced to fight alone
<Gen. Howe took Philadelphia, settled there for the winter-comfy and happy there, partying Benedict Arnold's wife spent time at those parties
- Nathan Hale was captured (turned in by his own cousin) and gave his famous last words: "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
- General Clinton sailed south to the Carolinas, but his attacks were not yet sucessful. General Burgoyne fled to Canada, to return later with fresh troops/forces.
4 True/False Questions
Help from Europe → <General von Steuben-military expert, trained troops
<Marquis de Lafayette-19 year old French soldier, fought with Washington
Washington take control → British wait in Boston for more troops and supplies. General Washington arrives in Boston to take over the command of Patriot troops. Benedict Arnold and Ethan Allen (Green Mountain Boys) had taken Vermont and Fort Ticonderoga in New York. Now they returned with cannons all aimed at Boston. The Loyalists and British sailed from Boston without confrontation.
Victories at Trenton and Princeton → Washington defeats the British at Trenton, NJ on Dec. 26, 1776 in a surprise attack.
Valley Forge → privately owned ships that had permission to sail through blockade and attack British
Americans had less than 50 of these currently