5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Describe the power distribution in confederate government.
- Describe Amendment 2.
- Describe Amendment 6.
- What are two ways an amendment is proposed to the states?
- Describe the conflict of North v. South over protective tariffs and slavery
and tell the compromise reached.
- a right to a trial by jury in criminal cases
- b Central Gov't. Power: weak, only to handle limited purposes
Local/State Gov't. Power: responsible for acts upon citizens
- c right to bear arms
- d Protective tariffs- North wanted them, South didn't.
Compromise- Congress would regulate tariffs, and trade
Slavery- North didn't want it, South did
But would not regulate slave trade until 1808
Compromise- 3/5 Compromise- when counting people to
determine the number of representatives a state would have,
slaves counted as 3/5 of a person
Compromise- Fugitive Slave Act- Runaway slaves must be
- e An amendment is proposed when 2/3 of both houses agree on it. An amendment is also proposed when 2/3 of a state convention agree on it.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- no capital punishment; no stealing of property without compensation
- Some delegates wanted the legislative branch to
Some delegates wanted all three branches to be equal
have power over the executive and judicial branches
Compromise- Each branch would have some power over the
others, and a system of checks and balances would equalize the
- Equal representation v. proportional representation
North v. South over protective tariffs and slavery
What type of power should Congress (legislative branch) have?
What type of power should the executive and judicial branch have?
- promote the general welfare
- Central Gov't. Power: acts upon citizens
Local/State Gov't. Power: received from central
5 True/False Questions
Name the goal in the Preamble having to do with justice. → in order to form a more perfect union
Name the belief of the Federalists having to do with the Bill of Rights. → Bill of Rights is dangerous
Describe Amendment 9. → freedom of speech, religion, the press, and petition
Name the belief of the Anti-Federalists having to do with money. → All states must equally contribute to pay off debt
Describe Amendment 3. → no citizen can be forced to house and feed soldiers