5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Collecting duct
- The thin segment of the nephron loop
- The distal convoluted tubule
- Decreased urine volume
- a Which of the following is not an organ of the urinary system?
b. Collecting duct
d. Urinary bladder
- b Which of the following is a direct result of antidiuretic hormones?
a. Decreased urine volume
b. Decreased urine molarity
c. Increased urine volume
d. Increased urine salinity
e. Increased urine acidity
- c Aldosterone acts on
a. The proximal convoluted tubule
b. The medullary portion of the collecting duct
c. The descending limb of the nephron loop
d. The distal convoluted tubule
e. The glomerulus
- d All of the following are composed of cuboidal epithelium with the exception of
a. The thin segment of the nephron loop
b. The thick segment of the nephron loop
c. The collecting duct
d. The proximal convoluted tubule
e. The distal convoluted tubule
- e The thick segment of the nephron loop is impermeable to water
5 Multiple choice questions
- The urine is most likely to be hypotonic when
a. The body's water volume is high
b. The body's pH is low
c. The output of antidiuretic hormone is high
d. The output of natriuretic peptides is high
e. A person is lost and deprived of drinking water
- Angiotensin converting enzyme is found only in the kidneys and converts angiotensinogen to angiotensin I
- Which of the following would reduce the glomerular filtration rate?
a. Vasoconstriction of the efferent arteriole
b. A drop in oncotic pressure
c. Vasodilation of the afferent arteriole
d. Vasoconstriction of the afferent arteriole
e. An increase in osmotic pressure in the glomerular capsule
- Which is not a portion of the urethra?
a. external urethral orifice
b. internal urethral sphincter
c. prostatic urethra
d. membraneous urethra
e. spongy urethra
- A renal calculus can be up to 2 cm wide, but even then, it would not obstruct:
a. the major calyx
b. the ureter
c. the urethra
d. the urinary bladder
e. the renal pelvis
5 True/False questions
renal calculi → Lithotripsy is a medical procedure used to treat
a. acute glomerulonephritis.
b. nephrotic syndrome.
c. renal calculi.
e. prostatic hypertrophy.
False → Glomerular capillaries suffer little damage from hypertension because of the protective influence of the afferent arterioles
The cardiovascular system → Which organ system does not excrete waste?
a. The urinary system
b. The cardiovascular system
c. The integumentary system
d. The digestive system
e. The respiratory system
Liver → Renin hydrolyzes angiotensinogen released from the _______ to form angiotensin I
1.2 million → In a healthy kidney, very little _________ is filtered by the glomerulus
a. Amino acids