5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hydrogen ions
- a Renin hydrolyzes angiotensinogen released from the _______ to form angiotensin I
- b The minimum daily output of urine to meet the definition of polyuria is:
a. 0.5 L
b. 1.0 L
c. 1.5 L
d. 2.0 L
e. 3.0 L
- c Which of the following urinary tract disorders seems most likely to occur in someone who frequently participates in marathon runs?
a. osmotic dieresis
b. renal hypertension
e. renal calculi
- d Professional horse jockeys may have a greater than average risk of nephroptosis
- e PCTs are responsible for absorbing all of the following except
b. Sodium chloride
c. Hydrogen ions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The overall purpose of the countercurrent exchange system is
a. To supply salt and urea to the renal medulla
b. To supply nutrients and oxygen to the renal cortex
c. To supply nutrients and oxygen to the renal medulla
d. To remove metabolic wastes from the renal cortex
e. To remove metabolic wastes from the renal medulla
- What is the most common urinary symptom of diabetes mellitus?
- A renal pyramid voids urine into
a. The minor calyx
b. The major calyx
c. The renal medulla
d. The renal papilla
e. The ureter
- This byproduct of protein catabolism constitutes approximately one-half of all nitrogenous wastes
c. Uric acid
- Normal urine from a healthy person can be expected to contain all of the following except:
5 True/False questions
The thin segment of the nephron loop → All of the following are composed of cuboidal epithelium with the exception of
a. The thin segment of the nephron loop
b. The thick segment of the nephron loop
c. The collecting duct
d. The proximal convoluted tubule
e. The distal convoluted tubule
interlobular v. → arcuate v. → interlobar v. → renal v. → Which is not a portion of the urethra?
a. external urethral orifice
b. internal urethral sphincter
c. prostatic urethra
d. membraneous urethra
e. spongy urethra
False → Glomerular filtration occurs because glomerular oncotic pressure overrides glomerular blood pressure
Segmental a. → interlobar a. → arcuate a. → interlobular a. → Which of these correctly traces blood flow from the renal cortex to the renal vein?
a. interlobular v. → interlobar v. → segmental v. → renal v.
b. arcuate v. → interlobar v. → segmental v. → renal v.
c. interlobar v. → interlobular v. → arcuate v. → renal v.
d. segmental v. → arcuate v. → interlobar v. → renal v.
e. interlobular v. → arcuate v. → interlobar v. → renal v.
The distal convoluted tubule → Glucose and amino acids are reabsorbed from the glomerular filtrate by
a. The renal corpuscle
b. The proximal convoluted tubule
c. The distal convolutes tubule
d. The glomerular capillaries
e. The collecting duct