5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- characteristics of conduction
- is a thin glass tube with a bulb on one end that contains a liquid, ususally mercury or colored alcohol.
- a The direct transfer of heat from one substance to another substance that it is touching is called
- b It works well in some solids, works well in metals
- c drying your boots over a hot air vent is an example of
- d a material that electric currents CANNOT pass through easily (examples- wood, paper, plastic, rubber, styrofoam, cloth, glass)
- e What is a thermometer?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- most heating of the troposphere is caused by
- conduction works very well in air (T/F)
- feeling the sun's warmth on your skin is an example of...
- is the direct transfer of energy by electromagnetic waves
- is a measure of how hot or cold a substance is
5 True/False Questions
true → conduction works well in metals (T/F)
convection currents → the upware movement of warm air and the downward movement of cools air form
Food Web → connected food chains that make a web
thermal energy → The total energy of motion of a substance is called
electrical → a type of energy that uses electricity (example- toaster)