5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Female infanticide
- Dowry deaths
- Syncretic religion
- a separate religions that combine into a new religion; often borrow from the past and the present.
- b the dispersion of the Jews outside Israel
- c the intentional killing of baby girls due to the preference for male babies and from the low value associated with the birth of females
- d the properties that distinguish organisms on the basis of their reproductive roles
- e the bride is brutally beat or killed for her fathers failure to fulfill the marriage agreement
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a religion that has originality and is not modernized
- A religion with a relatively concentrated spatial distribution whose principles are likely to be based on the physical characteristics of the particular location in which its adherents are concentrated.
- the beleif that inanimate objects, such as hills, trees, rocks, rivers, and other elements of natural landscape, possess souls and can help or hinder human efforts on Earth
- LOWEST LEVEL OF INDIAN SOCIETY; not considered a real part of the caste system; often given degrading jobs; their life was extremely difficult
- Number of deaths per thousand of women giving birth.
5 True/False Questions
Polytheistic religion → a religion with more than one god
Jihad → a member of the branch of Islam that regards Ali as the legitimate successor to Mohammed and rejects the first three caliphs
Caste system → a social structure in which classes are determined by heredity
Universal religion → religion that attempts to appeal to all people, not just those who live in a particular location
Sharia religious law → Islamic Law: based on varying degrees of interpretation on the Qu'ran