5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- stigma consciousness
- a believing in the superiority of one's own ethnic and cultural group and having disdain for all other groups
- b a group that people perceive as distinctly different from or apart from their ingroup, "them"
- c unjustified negative behavior toward a group or its members
- d a group of people who share a sense of belonging, "us"
- e a person's expectation of being victimized by prejudice or discrimination
5 Multiple choice questions
- the motivation to think and analyze
- concern for how others are evaluating us
- leadership that organizes work, sets standards, and focuses on goals
- accommodating individuals who deviate from one's stereotype by thinking of them as "exceptions to the rule"
5 True/False questions
two-step flow of communication → the way a message is delivered
social comparison → the strengthening of dominant responses in the presence of others, the tendency for people to perform simple tasks better when others are present
normative influence → conformity based on a person's desire to fulfill others' expectations, often to gain acceptance
obedience → conformity that involves publicly acting in accord with an implied or explicit request while privately disagreeing
free riders → people who benefit from the group but give little in return