5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- dural sinuses
- epidural space
- a The______have three layers.
- b Venous blood flows through the______as it returns from the brain to vessels leading to the heart.
- c The______is between the dural sheath and the bony walls of the spinal cord and contains blood vessels.
- d The brain includes two cerebral hemispheres, the______, the brainstem, and the cerebellum.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The______is thin, weblike membrane that lacks blood vessels and is located between the dura and pia maters.
- The outermost layer is the______and is composed of tough, white, dense connective tissue.
- The______is between the arachnoid mater and pia mater and contains a fluid called cerebrospinal fluid.
- In some regions, the______splits into two layers, forming channels called dural sinuses.
- The______is a specialized mass of capillaries and functions to secrete cerebrospinal fluid.
5 True/False Questions
pia mater → The______is very thin and contains many nerves and blood vessels.
pia mater → The______is attached to the surfaces of the brain and spinal cord.
lateral ventricles → The______is located in the brainstem just in front of the cerebellum.
fourth ventricle → The______is located in the midline of the brain beneath the corpus callosum.
dural sheath → Venous blood flows through the______as it returns from the brain to vessels leading to the heart.