5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- wind-chill factor
- jet streams
- a Bands of high-speed winds about 10 kilometers above Earth's surface.
- b A measure of the amount of water vapor in the air.
- c Clouds that form less than 2 kilometers above the ground and look like fluffy, rounded piles of cotton.
- d Increased cooling caused by the wind.
- e Clouds that form in flat layers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Winds that blow steadily from specific directions over long distances
- An instrument used to measure wind speed.
- A form of energy that can travel through space.
- Forms of water such as rain, snow, sleet, or hail that fall from clouds and reach Earth's surface.
- Reflection of light in all directions
5 True/False questions
relative humidity → A measure of the amount of water vapor in the air.
Wind → The horizontal movement of air from an area of high pressure to an area of lower pressure.
evaporation → The direct transfer of energy by electromagnetic waves.
Monsoons → Sea and land breezes over a large region that change direction with the seasons.
Radiation → The direct transfer of energy by electromagnetic waves.