5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- greenhouse effect
- Electromagnetic wave
- a The process that occurs when vaporization takes place only on the surface of a liquid; also, the process by which molecules at the surface of a liquid, such as water, absorb enough energy to change to a gaseous state, such as water vapor.
- b Forms of water such as rain, snow, sleet, or hail that fall from clouds and reach Earth's surface.
- c The process by which heat is trapped in the atmosphere by water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, and other gases that form a "blanket" around the earth
- d A form of energy that can travel through space.
- e The horizontal movement of air from an area of high pressure to an area of lower pressure.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Increased cooling caused by the wind.
- The distance north or south from the equator, measured in degrees.
- the movement of thermal energy from one substance to another.
- A form of energy with wavelengths that are shorter than visible light.
- The percentage of water vapor in the air compared to the maximum amount the air can hold at that temperature.
5 True/False questions
cirrus → Wispy, feathery clouds made of mostly ice crystals that form at high levels, above about 6 kilometers.
Conduction → The transfer of heat by movement of currents within a fluid.
humidity → Clouds that form less than 2 kilometers above the ground and look like fluffy, rounded piles of cotton.
Monsoons → The temperature at which condensation begins.
local wind → Wind that blows over short distances.