5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- infrared radiation
- a The horizontal movement of air from an area of high pressure to an area of lower pressure.
- b The distance north or south from the equator, measured in degrees.
- c A form of energy with wavelengths that are longer than visible light.
- d The transfer of heat by movement of currents within a fluid.
- e The process that occurs when vaporization takes place only on the surface of a liquid; also, the process by which molecules at the surface of a liquid, such as water, absorb enough energy to change to a gaseous state, such as water vapor.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The flow of air from an ocean or lake to the land.
- the movement of thermal energy from one substance to another.
- The change from the gaseous to the liquid state of matter; also, the process by which a gas, such as water vapor, changes to a liquid, such as water.
- The percentage of water vapor in the air compared to the maximum amount the air can hold at that temperature.
- Winds that blow steadily from specific directions over long distances
5 True/False questions
Conduction → The transfer of heat through direct physical contact.
psychrometer → An instrument used to measure wind speed.
dew point → The horizontal movement of air from an area of high pressure to an area of lower pressure.
Scattering → Wind that blows over short distances.
local wind → Winds that blow steadily from specific directions over long distances