5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Electromagnetic wave
- a Clouds that form less than 2 kilometers above the ground and look like fluffy, rounded piles of cotton.
- b A form of energy that can travel through space.
- c Wispy, feathery clouds made of mostly ice crystals that form at high levels, above about 6 kilometers.
- d Sea and land breezes over a large region that change direction with the seasons.
- e The process that occurs when vaporization takes place only on the surface of a liquid; also, the process by which molecules at the surface of a liquid, such as water, absorb enough energy to change to a gaseous state, such as water vapor.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the movement of thermal energy from one substance to another.
- The percentage of water vapor in the air compared to the maximum amount the air can hold at that temperature.
- A form of energy with wavelengths that are shorter than visible light.
- A measure of the amount of water vapor in the air.
- The process by which heat is trapped in the atmosphere by water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, and other gases that form a "blanket" around the earth
5 True/False Questions
stratus → Clouds that form in flat layers.
Anemometer → An instrument used to measure wind speed.
Temperature → The average amount of energy of motion in the molecules of a substance
Coriolis effect → The way Earth's rotation makes winds in the Northern Hemisphere curve to the right and winds in the Southern Hemisphere curve to the left.
jet streams → Bands of high-speed winds about 10 kilometers above Earth's surface.