5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- rain gauge
- a The horizontal movement of air from an area of high pressure to an area of lower pressure.
- b the movement of thermal energy from one substance to another.
- c A measure of the amount of water vapor in the air.
- d An instrument used to measure the amount of precipitation, consisting of an open-ended container topped by a collecting funnel and having a collecting tube and measuring scale inside.
- e The average amount of energy of motion in the molecules of a substance
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Wispy, feathery clouds made of mostly ice crystals that form at high levels, above about 6 kilometers.
- The flow of air from land to a body of water.
- A form of energy with wavelengths that are longer than visible light.
- The process by which heat is trapped in the atmosphere by water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, and other gases that form a "blanket" around the earth
- The temperature at which condensation begins.
5 True/False Questions
sea breeze → The flow of air from land to a body of water.
Electromagnetic wave → An instrument used to measure relative humidity, consisting of a wet-bulb thermometer and a dry-bulb thermometer.
Radiation → The direct transfer of energy by electromagnetic waves.
ultraviolet radiation → A form of energy with wavelengths that are shorter than visible light.
condensation → The transfer of heat by movement of currents within a fluid.