Give 4 examples of the duties of a U.S. citizen:
1. write a letter/email to a congressional leader
2. donate $ to campaigns
3. participate in elections
4. support community service efforts
Give 3 examples of the requirements of a U.S. citizen:
1. pay local, state and federal taxes
2. serve on a jury
3. register for military duty at 18 years of age
What is a naturalized citizen?
one who is born in another country & completes process to become a U.S. citizen
What are the 4 requirements for becoming a naturalized citizen?
1. 18 years old,
2. live in U.S. for 5 years
3. be law-abiding
4. show a basic knowledge of the US Constitution
Can a naturalized citizen become president?
What groups try to influence legislation?
PACs and interest groups
(Political Action Comm.)
List 4 services citizens tax dollars support:
1. public roads
Who is the current U.S. President?
Who is the current U.S. Vice President?
Who is the current Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court?
John Roberts since 2005
List California's two Senators:
Diane Feinstein- Democrat
What # congressional district is Tustin/Irvine?
Who is your current House of Representative for your congressional district?
John Campbell- Republican
Who is the current Governor of California?
What is the capitol of California?
What number of electoral votes does CA currently have?
List examples of 4 Executive (Cabinet) Departments:
• Department of Agriculture (USDA)
• Department of Commerce (DOC)
• Department of Defense (DOD)
• Department of Education (ED)
• Department of Energy (DOE)
• Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
• Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
• Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
• Department of Justice (DOJ)
• Department of Labor (DOL)
• Department of State (DOS)
• Department of the Interior (DOI)
• Department of the Treasury
• Department of Transportation (DOT)
• Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)