7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- a statement that seems contradictory, yet may be interpreted in a way that makes sense
- a group of lines in a poem that are somehow connected either by idea or form
- a poetic device of comparison of two things without using a direct comparison (like or as)
- a poetic device whereby two unlike things are compared using "like or as"
- a play on words that seem similar in sound but have diverse meanings
- a lyric poem consisting of a single stanza of fourteen iambic pentameter lines liked by an intricate rhyme scheme
6 True/False Questions
Quatrain → a four line stanza
Lyric poem → short poem uttered by a single speaker
Meter → a pattern of accented and unaccented syllables to create rhythm
Oxymoron → anything which signifies something else
Voice → a persuasive authorial presence throughout a work of literature
Symbol → a poetic device whereby two unlike things are compared using "like or as"