5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Merchandise purchases budget
- Strategic budget expenditures
- Gaming the performance measure
- Financial budgets
- Zero-base budgeting (ZBB)
- a A result on non-value-adding actions taken by managers to improve indicated performance.
- b Shows the amount of merchandise it needs to purchase during the period.
- c Identify sources and uses of funds for budgeted operations and capital expenditures
- d A budgeting process that requires managers to prepare budgets from a zero base.
- e Planned spending on projects and initiatives that lead to long-term value and competetive advantage.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Depicts effects on cash of all budgeted activities.
- Represents budgets prepared in conjunction with a TDABC system.
- Provides a constant planning horizon with the use of regularly updated forecasts.
- Shows the physical amount and cost of planned purchases of direct materials.
- An organization's operating and financing plan for the upcoming period; it translates short-term objectives into action steps
5 True/False Questions
Sales budget → Shows expected sales in units at their expected selling prices.
Budgeting → The process of projecting continuing operations and projects and then reflecting their financial impact.
Relative performance contracts → An incentive compensation plan whereby compensation is a function of actual performance compared to a fixed (budgeted) target.
Activity-based budgeting (ABB) → A budgeting process based on activities and cost drivers of operations.
Production budget → An organization's operating and financing plan for the upcoming period; it translates short-term objectives into action steps