5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a A Muslim who seeks to achieve direct contact with God through mystical means
- b A supreme political and religious leader in a Muslim government
- c A branch of Islam whose members acknowledge the first four caliphs as the rightful successors of Muhammad
- d The branch of Islam whose members acknowledge Ali and his descendents as the rightful successors of Muhammad
- e A Muslim-ruled region in what is now Spain, established by the Berbers in the eighth century A.D.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Muhammad's migration from Mecca to (Yathrib) Medina
- Combination library, academy, and translation center in Baghdad established in the 800s.
- A monotheistic religion that developed in Arabia in 7th century, means "submission to the will of Allah"
- Founder of Islam, considered the greatest prophet in Islam
- A dynasty that ruled the Muslim Empire from 661 to 750 and later established a kingdom in al-Andalus.
5 True/False Questions
Abbasids → A dynasty that ruled much of the Muslim Empire from 750 to about 1250.
Sunna → An Islamic model for living, based on the life and teachings of Muhammad
Medina → Earlier name for the city Yathrib. Muhammad moved here from Mecca in the migration known as the Hijrah.
Shari'a → A body of law governing the lives of Muslims
Mecca → Islamic holy city in present-day Saudi Arabia