← Parasitology Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Fusion of the entire contents of two opposite sex gametangia.
- Direct fusion of the two gamtangal cells into one. This takes place by dissolution of the contacting walls of the two gametangia, resulting in a common cell in which the two photoplasm mix and forms a ...
- Female gametangium.
- Types of heterogametes: (2)
- Scientific name: Brugia malayi
Location in host ...
- a Oogonium
- b Adults found in lymphatics
- c i. antheridium
- d Gametangial copulation
- e zygote or zygospore
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Female Culex and Anopheles mosquitos
- Ingestion of infected CYCLOPS (Cocopod),
commonly found in still water such as pond or well
- Planogametic Copulation
- Bancrofts filarial
5 True/False Questions
Scientific name: Dracunculus medinesis
Major disease ... → River blindness
Scientific name: Wukereriae bancrofti
Location in host ... → Adults found in lymphatics
Scientific name: Onchocerca volvulus
Location in host ... → Similian (Blackfly)
Those fungi that obtain nutrient from (only) dead or non-living matter. → Facultative parasite
Scientific name: Brugia malayi
Vector ... → Malayan filaria