5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Scientific name: Onchocerca volvulus
- Considering the level of infection and the degree of pathogenecity fungal infections are classified into the four groups:
- Scientific name: Brugia malayi
Common name ...
- A single filament filled with (filled with) protoplasm, which may be continuos (_____) or interrupted at irregular intervals by portion of cross walls called _____ (_____).
- Scientific name: Dracunculus medinesis
Major disease ...
- a 1. Superficial
- b Malayan filaria
- c Hypha(pl.)--- hyphae(sing)
- d Systemic allergic reactions
- e Similian (Blackfly)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Gametangial copulation
- Water FILTRATION
- Adults found in lymphatics
- a. fragmentation
- Blinding filaria
5 True/False questions
Scientific name: Onchocerca volvulus
Location in host ... → Blinding filaria
Direct fusion of the two gamtangal cells into one. This takes place by dissolution of the contacting walls of the two gametangia, resulting in a common cell in which the two photoplasm mix and forms a ... → Planogametic Copulation
Fungi have the following structures: (5) → i. antheridium
1. Temperature for growth:
2. Incubation time:
3. Optimum pH: → Fungi grow between 0-37 degrees C.
Some fungi mature within 3-4 days and some mature within 3-4 weeks.
Best pH for fungal growth is about 6.
Spores that are produced on the tips or sides of hypha termed condia. → Zygospores