5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Spores that are produced on the tips or sides of hypha termed condia.
- Production of an outgrowth from a parent cell (usually in yeasts).
- Scientific name: Brugia malayi
Location in host ...
- Scientific name: Loa Loa
Common name ...
- Those fungi that obtain nutrient from living organisms OR non-living matter.
- a Budding
- b Eyeworm
- c Facultative parasite
- d Adults found in lymphatics
- e Condiospor
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Adults found in subcutaneous tissue
- Fungi Perfecti or Perfect fungi
Fungi Imperfect or Imperfect Fungi
- Gametangial copulation
5 True/False Questions
Reduction in chromosomal numbers occur after karyogamy. → Meiosis
Refer to male and female sex organs and gametes respectively that are morphologically Distinguishable. (differ) → Heterogametangia or heterogametes
Outgrowth of hypha that are regarded as a specialized absorbing organs that penetrate into the host cells to obtain nutrients( found only on parasitic fungi). → Haustoria ( pl.)---haustorium (sing.)
Scientific name: Onchocerca volvulus
Common name ... → Similian (Blackfly)
Two gametangia of opposite sex come in contact with one or more gamete nuclei migrate from the male to the female. At no time do the gametangia fuse. → Gametangial copulation