← Parasitology Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Fusion of the entire contents of two opposite sex gametangia.
- By definition, Filaria are the _____ and Microfilaria are the _____.
- Asexual reproduction AKA ...
- Tissue nematodes (filarials)
How infection occurs ...
- Direct fusion of the two gamtangal cells into one. This takes place by dissolution of the contacting walls of the two gametangia, resulting in a common cell in which the two photoplasm mix and forms a ...
- a zygote or zygospore
- b Gametangial copulation
- c adult worms
- d Somatic or vegetative reproduction
- e Filariform larvae enter through bite
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Female Culex and Anopheles mosquitos
- Heterogametangia or heterogametes
- Adults found in subcutaneous tissue
5 True/False Questions
Fungi have the following structures: (5) → i. antheridium
Splitting of a cell into two daughter cells (usually in yeasts). → Adults found in subcutaneous tissue
Mass of hyphae that constitute the thalus but in more recent usage it is synonymous with hypha. → Gametangial copulation
Scientific name: Loa Loa
Location in host ... → Adults found in subcutaneous tissue
1. Temperature for growth:
2. Incubation time:
3. Optimum pH: → Fungi grow between 0-37 degrees C.
Some fungi mature within 3-4 days and some mature within 3-4 weeks.
Best pH for fungal growth is about 6.