5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Tissue nematodes (filarials)
How infection occurs ...
- Outgrowth of hypha that are regarded as a specialized absorbing organs that penetrate into the host cells to obtain nutrients( found only on parasitic fungi).
- **Reproduction: Those fungi that have a sexual stage (produce sexual and asexual spore) are called _____,
whereas those without a sexual stage (produce asexual spore only) are called _____.
- Microscopic filaments that branch in all directions.
- Male gametangium.
- a Haustoria ( pl.)---haustorium (sing.)
- b Thallus
- c Fungi Perfecti or Perfect fungi
Fungi Imperfect or Imperfect Fungi
- d Antheridium
- e Filariform larvae enter through bite
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Adults found in lymphatics
- River blindness
- Water FILTRATION
5 True/False Questions
Involved the union of two compatible nuclei and consist of three distinct phases. → Parasites
Scientific name: Wukereriae bancrofti
Common name ... → Bancrofts filarial
Parasites that obtain nutrients only from other living organisms. → Parasites
Refer to the sex organs or gametes which are morphologically INDistinguishable. (similar) → Heterogametangia or heterogametes
The sex organs are called ... → Antheridium