5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- henry the navigator
- Afonso de Albuquerque
- a portuguese ruler who encouraged ocean expoloration
- b military leader who ended muslim control of Indian Ocean Trade
- c a ship with square and triangular sails
- d this civilization strictly controlled european trading rights
- e in the 1600's the portuguese lost control of trade in the indian ocean to the...
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- navigator who wanted to reach asia by sailing west from europe
- one of two rulers who drove the Chinese out of Vietnam
- this country led overseas exploration
- "Your country's barbarian merchants have benefited from the blessings of our civilization"
- "i am sure as the sun sets that i can reach the Indies by sailing west"
5 True/False Questions
a cartographer → a mapmaker
astrolabe → a device used to measure the angle of the sun and the stars above the horizon
they restricted foreign trade → how did portugal gain control of trade in southeast asia
ferdinand magellan → navigator who wanted to find a sea route through the Americas to the Indies
sepoy → "the british east india company pays my wages"