5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a sepoy
- Vasco da Gama
- a this country led overseas exploration
- b a device used to measure the angle of the sun and the stars above the horizon
- c "the british east india company pays my wages"
- d "this trip around the tip of Africa to the rich lands of India has made me a wealthy man"
- e Which of the following controlled Vietnam?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- how did portugal gain control of trade in southeast asia
- military leader who ended muslim control of Indian Ocean Trade
- one of two rulers who drove the Chinese out of Vietnam
- this civilization strictly controlled european trading rights
- in the 1600's the portuguese lost control of trade in the indian ocean to the...
5 True/False Questions
cartographer → a mapmaker
discouraged contact with outsiders → korea was similar to China in that it...
christopher columbus → navigator who wanted to reach asia by sailing west from europe
it was isolated from the rest of the world → which of the following best explained why European rulers encouraged ocean exploration?
a cartographer → "i'll name this new land I've drawn America."