5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the dutch
- they wanted to find new trade routes
- a this country led overseas exploration
- b magellan reached these islands
- c who took over control of the spice trade from Portuguese?
- d which of the following best explained why European rulers encouraged ocean exploration?
- e a mapmaker
5 Multiple choice questions
- which of the following was true of Japan under the Tokugawa shotguns?
- this civilization strictly controlled european trading rights
- "the british east india company pays my wages"
- how did Prince Henry change the course of Portugal's history?
- the ming and qing dynasties followed which of the following policies regarding foreign trade.
5 True/False questions
circumnavigate → "this trip around the tip of Africa to the rich lands of India has made me a wealthy man"
astrolabe → an indian soldier
ferdinand magellan → a ship with square and triangular sails
christopher columbus → "i am sure as the sun sets that i can reach the Indies by sailing west"
discouraged contact with outsiders → how did portugal gain control of trade in southeast asia