5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- discouraged contact with outsiders
- the dutch
- Vasco da Gama
- a Which of the following controlled Vietnam?
- b korea was similar to China in that it...
- c "this trip around the tip of Africa to the rich lands of India has made me a wealthy man"
- d who took over control of the spice trade from Portuguese?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- portuguese ruler who encouraged ocean expoloration
- "Your country's barbarian merchants have benefited from the blessings of our civilization"
- how did Prince Henry change the course of Portugal's history?
- this country dominated trade in India in the late 1700s
- magellan reached these islands
5 True/False Questions
they wanted to find new trade routes → which of the following best explained why European rulers encouraged ocean exploration?
dutch → in the 1600's the portuguese lost control of trade in the indian ocean to the...
christopher columbus → "i am sure as the sun sets that i can reach the Indies by sailing west"
astrolabe → a device used to measure the angle of the sun and the stars above the horizon
cartographer → a mapmaker