← Micro 2011 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Passive immunity
- Rolling circle replication
- a a single flagellum at both poles of the cell
- b Immunity acquired by transfer from another person.
- c The enzymatic degradation of carbohydrates to produce energy, in the absence of oxygen.
- d acts against β-lactam ring found in penicillin based antibiotics.
- e Conjugative. used plasmids of gram positive bacteria
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Transmission by under cooked food. Cysts develop in eye, brain and other tissues. Is a teratogen.
- the minor change in one of the antigens due to mutation
- removal of microorganisms by physical means eg. Alcohol swap.
- The proliferation of pathogens in the blood, accompanied with fever, can cause organ damage.
5 True/False Questions
Nosocomial infection → An infection that develops during the course of a hospital stay and was not present at the time the patient was admitted.
R factor → Resistance factor - a bacterial plasmid carrying a genes that determine resistance to antibiotics.
Obligate aerobes → require oxygen to survive.
Prion → the minor change in one of the antigens due to mutation
Complement → A group of serum proteins involved in the phagocytosis and lysis of bacteria