- the distance light travels in one year.
- made up of a cluster of stars. Shapes are disk irregular, and elliptical.
Big Bang Theory
- states that all galaxies are originated from one huge mass of densely packed matter.
- a shift toward longer wavelengths of the spectral lines emitted by a celestial object that is caused by the object moving away from the earth.
- all matter and energy that exists in space.
- a star is a massive, luminous ball of plasma held together by gravity. The nearest star to Earth is the Sun, which is the source of most of the energy on the Earth.
- a cloud in outer space consisting of gas or dust that forms after a star explodes.
Herztsprung-Russell Diagram (H-R Diagram)
- two astronomers plotted the data of stars on a chart according to their surface temperature and brightness.
- a medium-sized star near the edge of a disk-shaped galaxy.
- another word for brightness.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions above and try again
Reload the page to try again!
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.