5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Papal States
- Brothers of the Hospital of St. Mary of Jerusalem
- Concordat of Worms
- Hagia Sophia
- a The prophet, founder of Islam
- b Another name for the Teutonic Knights
- c Most famous example of Byzantine architecture, it was built under Justinian I and is considered one of the most perfect buildings in the world.
- d Agreement between the Church and the Holy Roman Empire with regards to lay investiture
- e Territory given to the Church by Pepin the Short
5 Multiple choice questions
- Abraham's son by Hagar, Sarah's servant. The founder of the Arab tribes
- Order of knights established to defend Jerusalem and provide medical assistance
- Islamic word for God
- Date of the Battle of Tours
- Empire in the East which has Constantinople as its capital
5 True/False questions
Inquisitor → special judges appointed based on their moral and religious character to examine individuals accused of heresy
Reconquista → The effort by Christian leaders to drive the Muslims out of Spain, lasting from the 1100s until 1492.
Pax Romana → Holy book of Islam
476 AD → Date of the Battle of Tours
Charlemagne → Carolingian monarch of Franks; responsible for defeating Muslims in battle of Tours in 732; ended Muslim threat to western Europe.