5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Carolingian Dynasty
- Knights of Malta
- Carolingian Renaissance
- 732 AD
- a Name for the modern day Knights Hospitallers
- b When the temporal ruler extends his power into matters of the Church
- c Date of the Battle of Tours
- d Descendents of Charles Martel who ruled the Franks in the beginning of the Middle Ages
- e name for the renaissance started by Charlemagne to improve writing and reading in his empire
5 Multiple choice questions
- emperor who ruled at the height of the Byzantine Empire and built the Hagia Sophia
- He was Charles Martel's son. He defeated the Lombards and gave their land to the Pope. This territoy became the Papal States. He was annointed King by the Grace of God.
- Abraham's son by Hagar, Sarah's servant. The founder of the Arab tribes
- Word meaning "submission"
- "good men," those who were called upon to decide if an accused person was guilty and what punishment they should receive
5 True/False questions
Pax Romana → Peace of Rome
Albigensianism → A gnostic heresy which plagued Europe in the Middle Ages and sparked the establishment of the Inquisition
Teutonic Knights → The effort by Christian leaders to drive the Muslims out of Spain, lasting from the 1100s until 1492.
Visigoths → First of the Germanic tribes to invade and attack the city of Rome
Great Schism → When the temporal ruler extends his power into matters of the Church