5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Brothers of the Hospital of St. Mary of Jerusalem
- 476 AD
- a Another name for the Teutonic Knights
- b Last of the barbarian invaders, originated in China
- c The effort by Christian leaders to drive the Muslims out of Spain, lasting from the 1100s until 1492.
- d Date of the collapse of the Roman Empire
- e any of the more or less continuous military expeditions in the 11-13th centuries when Christian powers of Europe tried to recapture the Holy Land from the Muslims
5 Multiple choice questions
- First of the Germanic tribes to invade and attack the city of Rome
- Holy Roman Emperor who came into conflict with Pope Gregory VII over the issue of lay investiture
- The prophet, founder of Islam
- Most famous example of Byzantine architecture, it was built under Justinian I and is considered one of the most perfect buildings in the world.
- Major world religion founded by Muhammad
5 True/False questions
Islam → Word meaning "submission"
Concordat of Worms → Battle at which Charles Martel halted the Muslim invasion of Europe
Patriarch → title for the heads of the Eastern Orthodox Churches
Inquisitor → a former tribunal of the Roman Catholic Church (1232-1820) created to discover and suppress heresy
Albigensianism → A gnostic heresy which plagued Europe in the Middle Ages and sparked the establishment of the Inquisition