Give 4 examples of the duties of a U.S. citizen:
1. write a letter/email to a congressional leader
2. donate $ to campaigns
3. participate in elections
4. support community service efforts
Give 3 examples of the requirements of a U.S. citizen:
1. pay local, state and federal taxes
2. serve on a jury
3. register for military duty at 18 years of age
What is a naturalized citizen?
one who is born in another country & completes process to become a U.S. citizen
What are the 4 requirements for becoming a naturalized citizen?
1. 18 years old,
2. live in U.S. for 5 years
3. be law-abiding
4. show a basic knowledge of the US Constitution
Can a naturalized citizen become president?
What groups try to influence legislation?
PACs and interest groups
(Political Action Comm.)
List 4 services citizens tax dollars support
1. public roads