5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Essential Nutrients
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Spatial Summation
- Temporal Summation
- a The metabolic rate of a resting, fasting and non stressed endotherm at a comfortable temperature.
- b The regulatory protein that control the position of tropomyosin on the thin filament.
- c A phenomenon of neural integration in which the membrane potential of the post-synaptic cell in a chemical synapse is determined by the combined effect of EPSPs or IPSPs produced in rapid succesion
- d A substance that an organism cannot synthesize from any other material and therefore must absorb in preassembled.
- e A phenomenon of neural integration in which the membrane potential of the post-synaptic cell is determined by the combined effect of EPSPs or IPSPs produced nearly simultaneously by different synapses.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An electrical change (usually hyperpolarization) in the membrane of a post-synaptic neuron caused by the binding of an inhibitory neurotransmitter from a presynaptic cell to a post synaptic receptor; makes it more difficult for a post-synaptic neuron to generate an action potential
- The ventral part of the vertebrate forebrain; functions in maintaining homeostasis, especially in coordinating the endocrine and nervous systems; secretes hormones of the posterior pituitary and releasing factors that regulate the anterior pituitary
- The potential that an excitable cell membrane must reach for an action potential to be initiated
- One of the tree divisions of the autonomic nervous system; generally increases energy expenditure and prepares the body for action (Fight or Flight) - causes increase in heart rate, breathing, slows digestion, liver releases glucose, inhibits emptying of bladder, releases adrenaline from adrenal medulla situations:(emergency, embarrassment, exercise, excitement)
- A portion of the pituitary that develops from nonneural tissue, consists of endocrine cells that synthesize and secrete several tropic and non tropic hormones
5 True/False questions
Posterior Pituitary → A portion of the pituitary that develops from nonneural tissue, consists of endocrine cells that synthesize and secrete several tropic and non tropic hormones
Refractory Period → An organism for which external sources provide most of the heat for temperature regulation.
Incomplete Proteins → ...
Tropic Hormones → ...
Depolarization → An evolutionary trend toward the concentration of sensory equipment at the anterior end of the body.