5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Essential Nutrients
- Sarcoplasmic Reticulum
- Parasympathetic Division
- Resting Potential
- Connective Tissue
- a Animal tissue that functions mainly to bind and support other tissues, having a sparse population of cells scattered through an extracellular matrix
- b A specialized endoplasmic reticulum that regulates the calcium concentration in the cytosol of muscle cells
- c One of the three divisions of the autonomic nervous system, generally enhances body activities that gain and conserve energy, such as digestion and reduced heart-rate, decrease breathing, storing glycogen for energy in the liver
- d A substance that an organism cannot synthesize from any other material and therefore must absorb in preassembled.
- e The membrane potential characteristic of a nonconducting excitable cell, within the inside of the cell more negative than the outside
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The regulatory protein that blocks the myosin-binding sites on actin molecules
- In a neuron, a shift in the membrane potential that has an amplitude proportional to signal strength and that decays as it spreads.
- .Muscle in which the regular arrangement of filaments creates a pattern of light and dark bands
5 True/False Questions
Tissues → .Muscle in which the regular arrangement of filaments creates a pattern of light and dark bands
Endocrine Glands → The internal systems of communication involving hormones, the ductless glands that secrete hormones directly into the interstitial fluid, from which they diffuse into the bloodstream.
Interstitial Fluid → .Muscle in which the regular arrangement of filaments creates a pattern of light and dark bands
Myofibrils → The regulatory protein that control the position of tropomyosin on the thin filament.
Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) → The metabolic rate of a resting, fasting and non stressed endotherm at a comfortable temperature.