← Chapter 10 Test
7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- form of social organization in which males dominate females.
- gender involves differences in behavior and power.
- comments, gestures, or physical contacts of a sexual nature that are deliberate, repeated, and unwelcome.
- form of social organization in which females dominate males
- sexually explicit material that causes sexual arousal.
- individuals should be free to develop their own talents and pursue their own interests.
6 True/False Questions
Structural- Functional Approach → gender involves differences in behavior and power.
social feminism → capitalism increases patriarchy by concentrating wealth and pwer in hands of a small number of men.
Gender → the personal traits and social positions that members of a society attach to being female or male.
minority → the advocacy of social equality for women and men, in opposition to patriarchy and sexism.
George Murdock → Found global agreement on feminine and masculine tasks. Assigned roles reflecting the physical characteristics of men and women.
sexism → the belief that one sex is innately superior to the other. Justification for patriarchy.